Help with airflow mode actuator

jfkmk

Original poster
Mar 7, 2013
I just pulled the airflow mode actuator because my Envoy had the typical no air from the vents syndrome. The new actuator is the same, but the white external gear is not in the same position. What is the best way to move the gear on the new actuator so it matches the old one so I can install it? I'd like to install it tonight or tomorrow morning, so if you could help me out quickly, it would be most appreciated!

Thanks!!

jpimp

Feb 1, 2013
I've never done one.
perhaps you could move the gear in the truck and not on the actuator, encase moving the actuator breaks it...

I don't really know though :undecided:

BRomanJr

Dec 9, 2011
jfkmk said:
I just pulled the airflow mode actuator because my Envoy had the typical no air from the vents syndrome. The new actuator is the same, but the white external gear is not in the same position. What is the best way to move the gear on the new actuator so it matches the old one so I can install it? I'd like to install it tonight or tomorrow morning, so if you could help me out quickly, it would be most appreciated!

Thanks!!

Don't turn the actuator by hand!
The new mode actuators are supposedly shipped in the "ideal" position for installation. I moved the gear on the truck to match the new actuator and installed.
I actually lined up the oversize tooth with the oversize slot and then used the actuator (while engaged tooth to tooth) in my hand to move the door in the dash until the actuator lined up and was positioned for the screws.
The hard part was holding the actuator while I got the screws in. If you get one started it should all settle into place and you can snug it up.

I'm sure there are other ways to position the door in the dash for lineup.

Don't forget to let the system calibrate before you touch any controls.

jfkmk

Original poster
Mar 7, 2013
BRomanJr said:
Don't turn the actuator by hand!
The new mode actuators are supposedly shipped in the "ideal" position for installation. I moved the gear on the truck to match the new actuator and installed.
I actually lined up the oversize tooth with the oversize slot and then used the actuator (while engaged tooth to tooth) in my hand to move the door in the dash until the actuator lined up and was positioned for the screws.
The hard part was holding the actuator while I got the screws in. If you get one started it should all settle into place and you can snug it up.

I'm sure there are other ways to position the door in the dash for lineup.

Don't forget to let the system calibrate before you touch any controls.

After adjusting the gear on the truck itself, it took a grand total of about 3 minutes to install the actuator. I went through the calibration process, and I'm now getting air out of the vents the way I should! Another 5 minutes, and I'll have the whole thing back together. Man, I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help!:thumbsup: I should have done this at the beginning of the summer to get the AC from the vents.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online