Help! Truck cut off while driving and won’t start now.(Good battery)

Dan512

Original poster
Mar 26, 2021
Texas
I was driving Normal when the transmission started to take a long time to shift, than as I accelerated hard I heard a rattle, I couldn’t tell if it was from the motor or the transmission. As I was accelerating the truck just died completely but the lights in instrument cluster was still on. I took the battery to get charged the truck still won’t start. Any advice would be appreciated.

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
I was driving Normal when the transmission started to take a long time to shift, than as I accelerated hard I heard a rattle, I couldn’t tell if it was from the motor or the transmission. As I was accelerating the truck just died completely but the lights in instrument cluster was still on. I took the battery to get charged the truck still won’t start. Any advice would be appreciated.

Does it crank?

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
I'm coming up blank. Can't think of anything that would make that sort of a noise and then kill the engine and prevent it from starting.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Pull the plugs and see what they look like. Try to crank it. If it's still slow, try turning the engine using the crank bolt. If it's overly stiff, I'd fear the worst. If it cranks fairly fast, try a compression test. Pull the fuel pump relay while doing these tests to not dump a bunch of fuel in it.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I would start by pulling the accessory belt, and try starting it.

KEEBZ489

Jan 16, 2018
Howard Beach NY
can you pull any codes from it ? sounds similar to my situation a few weeks back. i punched it getting on teh expressway and it died. a coil went completley bac and blew the main fuse

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online