help. Speed problem on big rims?

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Hello I am looking to buy 22in AR trenches wrapped in Pirelli for my 4.2 Envoy and I was wondering...Is there a safety warning or any danger in drag racing (at the track) on 22's? I do it now on the stock rims BUT I just wondered if high-speeds ANYWHERE (track, highway, etc) is a BAD idea?

Does anyone who has bigger rims notice much? I know the SS TB have larger rims but I was not sure on this issue.
*** NO HUBS OR SPACERS just bolt on rims. ***

THANKS

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
You'll be a little slower, but I don't think you'll have a safety issue. Why are you drag racing a 4.2 Voy :confused:

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Short Bus said:
You'll be a little slower, but I don't think you'll have a safety issue. Why are you drag racing a 4.2 Voy :confused:

I just wanted to get a time for it and a buddy of mine has a TB and we just have fun...nothing serious. I mainly race a 1990 300zx Twin Turbo. Envoy is for show/fun.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
ConeKilrAutoX said:
I just wanted to get a time for it and a buddy of mine has a TB and we just have fun...nothing serious. I mainly race a 1990 300zx Twin Turbo. Envoy is for show/fun.

OK, now you gotta post pics of the Z

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
ConeKilrAutoX said:
yes. haha. I originally would never have but before he got the TB he had a cobalt SS and his friends had honda shitvic's riced out and the Voy couldnt take it when they talked shit on it.

Was the Cobalt 2.4, SC or Turbo? I'm guessing 2.4 because SC or turbo would ass rape the Voy.

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Short Bus said:
OK, now you gotta post pics of the Z

Its a 1990 zxTT.
Me and my best friend and my cousin built it starting with the TT engine swap (vg30dett) and supporting rear end.
after removing hicas and installing the gauges and about $15,000+ dollars later..haha we had it all set.
(This is when I learned gauge installation and so much more and when i got hooked on cars/trucks.)
it was from ohio originally. my friend moved to VA and it went there to since he was major money source, then to chicago with my cousin after I had it last year.
i miss it :frown: ...but envoy is a fun project :yes:

View attachment 18536

Attachments

• z1.jpg
    z1.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 2
  • z2.jpg
    z2.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 2
  • z3.jpg
    z3.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 3

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
That's a nice Z :thumbsup:, but black is a bitch to keep clean (but looks great when it is clean).

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Short Bus said:
Was the Cobalt 2.4, SC or Turbo? I'm guessing 2.4 because SC or turbo would ass rape the Voy.

2.4L ss (supercharged) 2005. before they went the turbo route with the newer, better built engines.

and then the z came out to put an end to the nonsense.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
ConeKilrAutoX said:
2.4L ss (supercharged) 2005. before they went the turbo route with the newer, better built engines.

and then the z came out to put an end to the nonsense.

2.4 was NA, the SC and turbo SS was 2.0

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Short Bus said:
That's a nice Z :thumbsup:, but black is a bitch to keep clean (but looks great when it is clean).

your telling me holy F***. daily washings haha. then you pull on the road and a bus drives by and you have to circle back in the driveway to wipe the dust and dirt off. Being in ohio do you know of thompson speedway? (madison, OH)

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
I don't know that one, but I've never raced (legally anyway)

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
ConeKilrAutoX said:
yea I bet thats why it was so slow. I always thought that SS was supercharged. that ss was naturally aspirated. im pretty sure it was the i4 ecotec? i dont remember i think it was though

All Cobalts have a i4 ecotec. 2.2 is the base engine, 2.4 for the NA SS later called Sport, 2.0 SC then 2.0 Turbo

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.