Help please to install android Car Stereo on my Trailblazer 2002 LTZ

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
The "ant" wire you shouldn't need to connect.

Did you ever get an adapter for your antenna though? Your unit takes a standard sized one and the TB's have a mini so you'll need an adapter.

Theblackarrow

Original poster
Feb 1, 2015
Mounce said:
The "ant" wire you shouldn't need to connect.

Did you ever get an adapter for your antenna though? Your unit takes a standard sized one and the TB's have a mini so you'll need an adapter.
yup it came with the kit

Any advise regarding the rest of the wires LOL :smile:

Theblackarrow

Original poster
Feb 1, 2015
Mounce said:
Not from me, my only radio install didn't have any of those fancy reverse camera wires lol
LOL so what to do know shall i go with trail and error or what i am really afraid to short or burn the HU radio or the PAC KIT :weird: :Banghead: :Banghead: :Banghead:

from googling around i believe i don't need to connect the VSS wire as i don't have a Nav HU installed so the sensor is not there right ?

My only problem now is the SWC i need to figure out the Right wire connection what shall be connected to key 1 any one know what is the SWC Data cables wire color in the Vehicle harness this may make my life easy to connect it to the correct wire

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
You can download the wiring diagrams from Mooseman's thread. Would be a good idea to get familiar with those, that way you will know what wire does what, and what colors they are. :thumbsup:

Need service manuals? Get them here!

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Green ( Which is Reverse Output + Shall i connect it to the Back wire in the Radio or what)
Connect it to the reverse input on the receiver if it has one. I would assume the BACK on the receiver would be right.

Blue / White ( Amp turn on ????)
Connect it to the EXT-AMP wire on the receiver is what i would guess.

red / White ( Parking brake i think it shall be connected to the Brake wire in the Radio Right?)
Yes, if you want to be legal. Connect it to BRAKE on the receiver. Or you can connect the BRAKE wire on the radio to ground and drive with video.

Brown ( Key 1 Where i have seen in a famous corvette Forum saying that it shall be connected to the yellow + Wire directly )
Pink ( Key 2 which i believe from many sources they said it's not used)
Is there any explanation to what the KEYPAD STUDY is in the manual for the receiver? The yellow wire on the PAC should goto BATS wire on the receiver. I would not connect any wires that i do not know exactly where they go. That being said my kenwood dnx9140 receiver has two outputs to trigger relays via the touch screen. Since they are labeled SW1 and SW2 i would assume that they could be the same. Does the receivers manual make mention of any such feature?

so could someone be so kind and help me with this dilemma so i can start the project this weekend :biggrin: and also since i have a SWC feature in my Radio i believe i don't need to connect the SWC Wires any where right see below

That is the output for the steering wheel controls from the PAC unit. The radio needs a connection to them somehow.

Theblackarrow

Original poster
Feb 1, 2015
DAlastDON said:
Connect it to the reverse input on the receiver if it has one. I would assume the BACK on the receiver would be right.

Connect it to the EXT-AMP wire on the receiver is what i would guess.

Yes, if you want to be legal. Connect it to BRAKE on the receiver. Or you can connect the BRAKE wire on the radio to ground and drive with video.

Is there any explanation to what the KEYPAD STUDY is in the manual for the receiver? The yellow wire on the PAC should goto BATS wire on the receiver. I would not connect any wires that i do not know exactly where they go. That being said my kenwood dnx9140 receiver has two outputs to trigger relays via the touch screen. Since they are labeled SW1 and SW2 i would assume that they could be the same. Does the receivers manual make mention of any such feature?

That is the output for the steering wheel controls from the PAC unit. The radio needs a connection to them somehow.
thank you very much for the helpful information and unfortunately the radio manual say nothing about SWC Wire connecting as i believe it defers from one car to another so all the people around the earth who bought this radio say that i have to do some measuring with a multimeter to check which wires trigger a resistance when the buttons is clicked and that is a long story and i am not that expert to do it so i found a guy in one of the corvette forums whom did install the unit in his car talking about how he connected the SWC wires to his harness but i don't know if it shall work the same way with my car or not also can i put the thread link here or it's forbidden.

anyway i believe maybe i shall postpone this installation to be done later till i figure out how to connect the SWC wires as i didn't pay that much for the radio and the PAC kit to have it working without it LOL

N.B i called the PAC Audio Technical service and i am shocked with that crap service all the technician said sorry our product only works with the mentioned brands in the manual so it's not compatible hahah.

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
If the radio is to connect into the serial data bus then that may be over my head.

However i can help ya brain storm. The stock reciever is programmed to look for specific voltages on the data bus for coresponding to the operation of the steering wheel control buttons. Say 1.2v for volume up, 5v for volume down, -4.3v for seek/track up, etc... The PAC unit being pre-programmed to also look for those specific voltages as well in addition to convert them over to what voltages the aftermarket receiver is looking for in each function. It outputs specific voltages so that the specific aftermarket receiver can read. You say that the receiver is capable of learning any button/voltage in a previous post if i remember correctly? And on the corvette forum the guy only connected the KEY1 into his data bus. Theoretically you could connect the blue/yellow from the SWC controls on the PAC to the KEY1 then adapt the receivers programing to the output of the PAC. The PAC is an output and KEY1 is an input. I can not see any harm in connecting the two and seeing if it works. Do so at your own risk though.

Theblackarrow

Original poster
Feb 1, 2015
DAlastDON said:
If the radio is to connect into the serial data bus then that may be over my head.

However i can help ya brain storm. The stock reciever is programmed to look for specific voltages on the data bus for coresponding to the operation of the steering wheel control buttons. Say 1.2v for volume up, 5v for volume down, -4.3v for seek/track up, etc... The PAC unit being pre-programmed to also look for those specific voltages as well in addition to convert them over to what voltages the aftermarket receiver is looking for in each function. It outputs specific voltages so that the specific aftermarket receiver can read. You say that the receiver is capable of learning any button/voltage in a previous post if i remember correctly? And on the corvette forum the guy only connected the KEY1 into his data bus. Theoretically you could connect the blue/yellow from the SWC controls on the PAC to the KEY1 then adapt the receivers programing to the output of the PAC. The PAC is an output and KEY1 is an input. I can not see any harm in connecting the two and seeing if it works. Do so at your own risk though.
You are a legend man that is what exactly came in my mind today after reading alot of threads on the same thing and some people where telling to ground the Key 2 wire to any bolt in the car so if your advise didn't work directly then maybe i shall also connect the key 2 wire to the car chassis and see if it will work or not and my last option will be to do as the corvette guy said a bridge over the PAC box and connect it directly to the PAC harness going to the car harness and if all of that didn't work then i should shoot myself dead :shhh: it will be really a big shame to spent all this money and the SWC don't work at the end :smile:

Last thing just to make sure the PAC harness has a green wire for Reverse output (+) shall i connect it to the orange wire Back or not especially that i saw in a video that i shall connect the +12 v wire for the reverse camera to that wire to make it work when reserve shall i tab it to the two wires after connecting them together or what?

i know i am a very annoying person put bare with me guys and i Promise i will do a nice exclusive thread for my installation experience that shall be a good reference for anyone after that.

N.B i will have to postpone the installation for another 15 days as i am going for a small trip and once i am back i shall put everything together and hope it will be fine.

Theblackarrow

Original poster
Feb 1, 2015
Blckshdw said:
You can download the wiring diagrams from Mooseman's thread. Would be a good idea to get familiar with those, that way you will know what wire does what, and what colors they are. :thumbsup:

Need service manuals? Get them here!
thanks mate i really like this nice packet But for sure this is rocket science for me LOL , I am sure that i will get the benefits of them one day when needed and i really hate gm why so many **** Systems (Bose, Non Bose, Premium amplified or not, Automatic or Manual AC controls) too much drama they should learn from the Japanese (Empty options, half option, Full option) that's it.

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Theblackarrow said:
Last thing just to make sure the PAC harness has a green wire for Reverse output (+) shall i connect it to the orange wire Back or not especially that i saw in a video that i shall connect the +12 v wire for the reverse camera to that wire to make it work when reserve shall i tab it to the two wires after connecting them together or what?
Yes connect the Green Reverse output from the PAC to the Orange BACK wire on the Receiver. That should automatically switch the receivers video to the back up camera when you put it in reverse. It appears, from the schematics, the camera and night vision light will be connected at the rear of the car to reverse and license plate lights. If you want to be able to switch to the backup camera while in forward motion and view video then then connect the camera power to a switched 12v source. AMP. EXT would be a good 12v source that would only have power when receiver is on. Run the wire when you run the RCA wire for the camera.

Theblackarrow

Original poster
Feb 1, 2015
Well finally my project is done and the Android Car PC is officially installed :celebrate: with a nice license frame rear Camera thanks to all of you guys my TB finally sees light :biggrin:

Wait soon for my installation steps for a reference for all of you guys

regards,

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
You got me thinking about getting one that i can mirror my new galaxy s5's screen on. Where did you mount the camera. I never put mine in because i was lazy.

Theblackarrow

Original poster
Feb 1, 2015
DAlastDON said:
You got me thinking about getting one that i can mirror my new galaxy s5's screen on. Where did you mount the camera. I never put mine in because i was lazy.
I Used this One my Friend
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GMC8QXI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And guess what it Wasn't easy at all to install it in this tiny place and learn my lesson buy the metra frame other wise it won't fit right and fixing wire is really easy till you reach the SWC ones it drove me nuts and i went to an Audio shop to help me figure it out till i managed to make 3 out of four buttons to work which is great :biggrin:

if you plan to buy one it's a nice piece of Android Art i didn't check all features still but i am damn sure it's way better than any Pioneer or JVC Car stereo :thumbsup:

Last thing why in the Hell you want to mirror an android phone to and android Car PC i believe you won't need to do that man anything in your phone can be installed to the Car PC :undecided:

Mirror

Jan 27, 2014
Someone said chevy did't install the rear audio control in the center console on non bose systems? i have a non bose with the rear audio control.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online