Help please to install android Car Stereo on my Trailblazer 2002 LTZ

Theblackarrow

Original poster
Feb 1, 2015
Hello guys
i recently bought an aftermarket android car stereo and i am very excited to install it myself but i am totally lost, As i figured out from a lot of threads here that i need to buy a special adapter to connect the OEM wires cables to my unit and that drives me crazy to pick the correct one (Bose system or not amplified or not) that matches my sound system so i need your help to know what shall be done exactly (If possible on steps :biggrin:) and which adapter will be correct to my car especially that i am here in Qatar and i believe we don't have on star system here

so here is the radio i have in my car exactly
IdtqyR.jpg

And this is the new after market double din android 4.4 car stereo i bought
http://www.autopumpkin.com/pumpkin-android-4-4-kitkat-car-stereo-double-din-6-2-inch-in-dash-gps-navigation-system-support-3g-wifi-odb2-dvr-air-play-7-color-button-indicator.html

and here is the wires that came with it
LZVjKj.jpg

IiKsuh.jpg

so i need to know what system i have is it standard or Bose and is it amplified or not and what other accessories i shall need to buy, I got already the universal metal bracket and also this unit can learn Steering wheel control buttons so is it still necessary to buy the adapter as i don't want to ruin my car, Waiting for all the possible help and thanks in advance.

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
You will know if it is a bose system when you turn the factory radio on. It will display the word bose but if the picture with the factory radio having bose stamped on it is exactly what you have then yes you have the bose.

Theblackarrow

Original poster
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks man for your reply But still i need to know do i have amplified system or not i have read a few threads here and they are talking about a code written in the glove box UQA i think so first thing in the morning i will check it and yes i have a Bose written in the radio but i have never noticed that the radio write bose word when it starts up i need to check that too tomorrow :smile:

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
There is a good chance the displaying Bose is an option and it got turned off somewhere. I think all Bose systems have a separate amplifier but do not quote me on that.

Welcome to the Nation!

Theblackarrow

Original poster
Feb 1, 2015
OK i have checked the glove box and these are the codes i found

so please can someone check it and give me the final answer also in this case which adapter is good to me as i like to keep the warning chimes and if the Steering wheel adapter is needed in this case or not as my unit can learn the buttons also is a radio adapter needed in here or the OEM will fit direct in the unit

last question which brand is better Pac or Metra or GMOS ?

thanks to all the great people in here :smile:

Theblackarrow

Original poster
Feb 1, 2015
I Don't know why the last 2 pictures is not showing anymore but i will put them again here anyway.

VytSPJ.jpg

hKTmgE.jpg

Theblackarrow

Original poster
Feb 1, 2015
dmanns67 said:
It does. It is located behind the rear quarter panel on the passenger side. You can see it behind the sheet metal in the pic.
Thanks man but it's really impossible to see behind the plastic panel is there any easier way to check it ? or it's confirmed if i have a Bose system the amplifier Must be there?

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
UQA - Bose Upgrade Package. I know that code anywhere. Also, if you have speakers mounted in those holes on top of the dash, that's a Bose thing too, non-Bose only did the four doors. The Bose amplifier is guaranteed to be there, just like those extra two speakers are, and just like your Rear Seat Audio is (Bose was not offered w/o RSA).

Reactions: dmanns67

Theblackarrow

Original poster
Feb 1, 2015
IllogicTC said:
UQA - Bose Upgrade Package. I know that code anywhere. Also, if you have speakers mounted in those holes on top of the dash, that's a Bose thing too, non-Bose only did the four doors. The Bose amplifier is guaranteed to be there, just like those extra two speakers are, and just like your Rear Seat Audio is (Bose was not offered w/o RSA).
Thanks man that's great indeed i have two speakers in the top dash and i have Rear Seat Audio so now i have a Bose System with Amplifier so we are half way :smile: now what is the suitable adaptor for me specially that in Qatar we have no On star and what will be the best brand and easy to install (almost plug and play)?

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Theblackarrow said:
Thanks man that's great indeed i have two speakers in the top dash and i have Rear Seat Audio so now i have a Bose System with Amplifier so we are half way :smile: now what is the suitable adaptor for me specially that in Qatar we have no On star and what will be the best brand and easy to install (almost plug and play)?
That I'm not sure of, there's a bunch of people around here who do have the answer to that though.

ddgm

May 7, 2013
Go to the Crutchfield site, input your vehicle and the unit you want to install and they will tell you what you need to make it happen.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
What's good man? Those radios have popped up on the forums from time to time but I can't remember anyone who has bought one.

For most radio installs you need the following:
-Adapter to keep chimes, retained accessory power, and have a switched power lead to the radio
-Dash kit to physically mount radio to truck (you have this)
-Antenna adapter to fit trailblazer antenna into radio
-Steering wheel control module if wanted

Adapter
I see GMOS-04 as the adapter for chimes/retained power. That will work.
I see GMOS-014 as another choice that also keeps rear seat audio and has NAV outputs. I haven't seen a lot of feedback on this unit so I don't know how well it works.
As far as what brand is best I can't say. Metra has been good to me and to the people that I've installed them for. I haven't done enough PAC installs to say if they are as good or not but I haven't had one crap out yet..

Steering wheel controls
What does the radio install manual say about programming the steering wheel controls? If the radio can be programmed to learn the buttons it shouldn't need any adapters.

In the third picture the plug on that looks like it is for an older GM truck. You'll have to cut that off and wire the radio to the GMOS. It should be plug and play after that with the exception of the steering wheel controls.

Also I want to say THANKS for posting a link to this thread. I don't ask for much from people that want me to chime in on something - just include a link! :thumbsup: :cool:

Trkdrvremt

Oct 22, 2014
NJ
IllogicTC said:
Ok I'm confused... I have the Bose system but I don't have RSA... :confused:

Reactions: DDonnie and Texan

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
No headphone plugs on the back of the center arm rest?

Theblackarrow

Original poster
Feb 1, 2015
MAY03LT said:
What's good man? Those radios have popped up on the forums from time to time but I can't remember anyone who has bought one.

For most radio installs you need the following:
-Adapter to keep chimes, retained accessory power, and have a switched power lead to the radio
-Dash kit to physically mount radio to truck (you have this)
-Antenna adapter to fit trailblazer antenna into radio
-Steering wheel control module if wanted

Adapter
I see GMOS-04 as the adapter for chimes/retained power. That will work.
I see GMOS-014 as another choice that also keeps rear seat audio and has NAV outputs. I haven't seen a lot of feedback on this unit so I don't know how well it works.
As far as what brand is best I can't say. Metra has been good to me and to the people that I've installed them for. I haven't done enough PAC installs to say if they are as good or not but I haven't had one crap out yet..

Steering wheel controls
What does the radio install manual say about programming the steering wheel controls? If the radio can be programmed to learn the buttons it shouldn't need any adapters.

In the third picture the plug on that looks like it is for an older GM truck. You'll have to cut that off and wire the radio to the GMOS. It should be plug and play after that with the exception of the steering wheel controls.

Also I want to say THANKS for posting a link to this thread. I don't ask for much from people that want me to chime in on something - just include a link! :thumbsup: :cool:
Ya the Legend has arrived i can't believe that you are replying on my thread here you don't know how much you saved me (also saved a lot of money) with your professional videos i did clean my throttle body myself also i changed all my 6 plugs all couldn't have been done without your marvelous videos i don't know why don't you do a video for the aftermarket radio installation and let us all rest in Peace LOL :biggrin:

Anyway here is a vedio for the SWC Unit learning
http://youtu.be/M4_z-3UZphA
do i still need a SWC Adapter or this will do the same job also is it a must to get the radio antenna cable for my unit as i think it will direct fit to my Head unit see below picture the antenna slot for the unit
zSUx55k.jpg

and still for the adapter excuse my ignorance But what is exactly meant by Rear Seat Entertainment System does this mean the cars that have back DVD screens or it means the cars that have headphone jacks in the rear center piece console along the Ac Control units? because i don't have DVD Screens in the back i only have the center console with the ac control and two headphone jacks holes

And thanks once again

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
The antenna port on the bottom right corner? You'll need an adapter because that looks like a standard port and trailblazers have a mini antenna plug.

Reactions: MAY03LT

Theblackarrow

Original poster
Feb 1, 2015
Guys i still didn't get the harness adapter please advise which one shall i go for the GMOS-04 or GMOS-14 or Pac OS-2C Bose or pac rp5-gm11
and still do i need to buy the SWC Adaptor also or the SWC in the Unit will do fine please All reply to me ASAP so i can Start fixing my Project ASAP :smile:

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Most people use the GMOS versions, I think the PAC devices have some issues.

Have you searched here/google about it?

-sorry for an indefinite answer, was just trying to narrow things down for you.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Mounce said:
Most people use the GMOS versions, I think the PAC devices have some issues.
Most do go with the GMOS versions, they are more readily available. But those are the ones that have been known to have reliability issues. I have gone through 2 myself, before switching to a PAC model almost 4 years ago. Problem free ever since. :twocents:

Reactions: dmanns67

Theblackarrow

Original poster
Feb 1, 2015
So Pac it's actually i find a good positive review about it in amazon Compared to the GMOS but which version shall i buy the One with the SWC Adaptor or the the other without it ? :biggrin:

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Theblackarrow said:
Ya the Legend has arrived i can't believe that you are replying on my thread here you don't know how much you saved me (also saved a lot of money) with your professional videos i did clean my throttle body myself also i changed all my 6 plugs all couldn't have been done without your marvelous videos i don't know why don't you do a video for the aftermarket radio installation and let us all rest in Peace LOL :biggrin:

Anyway here is a vedio for the SWC Unit learning
do i still need a SWC Adapter or this will do the same job also is it a must to get the radio antenna cable for my unit as i think it will direct fit to my Head unit see below picture the antenna slot for the unit

and still for the adapter excuse my ignorance But what is exactly meant by Rear Seat Entertainment System does this mean the cars that have back DVD screens or it means the cars that have headphone jacks in the rear center piece console along the Ac Control units? because i don't have DVD Screens in the back i only have the center console with the ac control and two headphone jacks holes

And thanks once again
I'll check out that vid when I get home from work tonight. Rear seat audio is the ones with the headphone jacks. I'm not sure if the dvd system is different. But I do know that if you'll never use RSA you don't need the gmos-014.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm definitely not a legend I'm just a regular guy. The problem with doing a radio install video is there are a few variations such as gmrc/gmos wiring, lux/non lux amps, additional connections for nav/dvd head units, cutting the dash for double dins, budget installs (deleting chimes/retained power), etc.

Theblackarrow said:
Guys i still didn't get the harness adapter please advise which one shall i go for the GMOS-04 or GMOS-14 or Pac OS-2C Bose or pac rp5-gm11
and still do i need to buy the SWC Adaptor also or the SWC in the Unit will do fine please All reply to me ASAP so i can Start fixing my Project ASAP :smile:
Well you can narrow down the adapter search by one if you know if you are or are not going to use the RSA.

Theblackarrow

Original poster
Feb 1, 2015
MAY03LT said:
I'll check out that vid when I get home from work tonight. Rear seat audio is the ones with the headphone jacks. I'm not sure if the dvd system is different. But I do know that if you'll never use RSA you don't need the gmos-014.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm definitely not a legend I'm just a regular guy. The problem with doing a radio install video is there are a few variations such as gmrc/gmos wiring, lux/non lux amps, additional connections for nav/dvd head units, cutting the dash for double dins, budget installs (deleting chimes/retained power), etc.

Well you can narrow down the adapter search by one if you know if you are or are not going to use the RSA.

Well this if i only know what RSA stands for because i even don't know what these headphones jack do or how they work as i am single and i have no kids so i truly never tested them if they only transmit the same sound in the Head unit in the headphones then probably they are useless and i can go to the one without RSA But if they do another function then i need to decide upon that.

sorry for all of that i know i am bothering you guys but i promise to document my installation only for the love of this community :smile:
you are definitely a legend man but you are just too humble :smile: :tongue:

Well this if i only know what RSA stands for because i even don't know what these headphones jack do or how they work as i am single and i have no kids so i truly never tested them if they only transmit the same sound in the Head unit in the headphones then probably they are useless and i can go to the one without RSA But if they do another funciton then i need to decide upon that.

sorry for all of that i know i am bothering you guys but i promise to document my installation only for the love of this community :smile:

Theblackarrow

Original poster
Feb 1, 2015
Then does this mean that i have a premium Bose System cause my AC controls front and rear are digital :biggrin:

Theblackarrow

Original poster
Feb 1, 2015
Ok so i just ordered the Pac RP5-GM11( Better to have the SWC Adapter along Just in case my SWC in the unit didn't work :wink: ) Today and i hope it will work fine when i Assemble everything i will keep you all updated once i begin the installation cause i am sure i will need help LOL :biggrin:

Theblackarrow

Original poster
Feb 1, 2015
Sorry Guys i have a stupid question that just pop up in my mind does the SWC if no proper SWC adepter is connected mean that i will lose the Audio controls buttons only or also it means that i will be losing all the other controls like the Air conditioner buttons and the computer information as well ? the good thing that i already bought the adapter just in case :biggrin:

Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
Mounce said:
Radio controls are completely separate from HVAC controls so it shouldn't affect them, not sure what computer you're talking of, though.
He's talking about the driver information controls and hvac controls In the steering wheel.. As it's just like mine I imagine.. Hvac temp and fan on the left upper switch.. Radio switch on top right.. Then the driver information switches on the bottom left and right switches.

Reactions: MAY03LT

Theblackarrow

Original poster
Feb 1, 2015
OK so i received my PAC Harness Kit two days ago and i am trying to match the colors to the aftermarket radio wires and i ended up to some wires which i didn't know if i need to hook it up or just leave it as it's
so before i begin find below the wiring diagram for both the android car radio and the PAC harness adapter
BDTabj.jpg

0Exc8p.jpg

H192ip.jpg

yti5gB.jpg

2byHCV.jpg

and after matching the colors ( FL-,FL+,RL-,RR+...etc) i ended up with the below wires from the PAC harness where i don't know what shall i connect them to
r9RI2U.jpg

Purple/White (this is for Vehicle Speed Output i think i don;t need to connect it anywhere right cause trailblazer doesn't have this feature or what)
Green ( Which is Reverse Output + Shall i connect it to the Back wire in the Radio or what)
Blue / White ( Amp turn on ????)
Blue ( they say not used so i believe i don't need to worry about :smile: )
red / White ( Parking brake i think it shall be connected to the Brake wire in the Radio Right?)

And on the Other side i ended up with the below wires from the Android Radio Wire Harness
ijEG9p.jpg

Blue ( Radio Ant where i read a theory saying i should hook it up with the Red ACC red wire which i believe it's correct )
Orange / Black ( Amp Cont. and i believe this is for the people with external Amplifier so in my Case it shall be neglected and not connected to any wire right)
Orange ( Back Which i believe i shall connect it to the Rear backup camera +12V right ?)
Blue ( Brake which i belive shall be connected to the Red/ White Parking Wire in the Pac Harness or not ?)
Brown ( Key 1 Where i have seen in a famous corvette Forum saying that it shall be connected to the yellow + Wire directly )
Pink ( Key 2 which i believe from many sources they said it's not used)

so could someone be so kind and help me with this dilemma so i can start the project this weekend :biggrin: and also since i have a SWC feature in my Radio i believe i don't need to connect the SWC Wires any where right see below
WZYse6.jpg

Below is just some picture for references for the Pac Box and the Wire Harness :smile:
9x4w0j.jpg

eq3sTD.jpg

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Blue/white = amp turn on

"Ant" is normally connected to a powered antenna, which the TB doesn't have.

Any "brake" wires should be for the parking brake, it disables DVD playback unless the parking brake is on. (safety feature)

-sorry for only skimming the surface of your questions just answered what I could

Theblackarrow

Original poster
Feb 1, 2015
Mounce said:
Blue/white = amp turn on

"Ant" is normally connected to a powered antenna, which the TB doesn't have.

Any "brake" wires should be for the parking brake, it disables DVD playback unless the parking brake is on. (safety feature)

-sorry for only skimming the surface of your questions just answered what I could
Thanks Man you are always here for me :yes: so you are sure that i don't need to connect the amp wire anywhere as the TB doesn't have power Antenna and will that affect by any means on the Radio reception ?

Then i shall connect the Brake to the Parking brake (Red/White to Blue)

Once Again Thanks man

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher