Help! please Ive got a code P0606

04Trailblazer

Original poster
Feb 27, 2012
So was running over the the store tonight, Was driving just fine until I came up to a stop light and was sitting there for about minute and a half , then all of the sudden engine shuts off and Reduced Engine Power and SES light came on, I try starting it up and it was turning over but wasn't starting. So I ended up throwing it into Neutral and push it off into the parking lot, shut it off and let it sit for a couple of mins then started right up. (Note* it's was about 97 degrees out today, Wonder if the heat had anything to do with it.) Any way drove it over to the store got some stuff and drove it home like nothing had even happend my SES light was gone and my Reduced Engine Power was gone. When I got home i throw the scan tool on it and it cam up with a P0606. My mother had mentioned a couple of weeks ago it was shifting very hard into 1st gear the whole way to work, Let me know guys, Thanks, Alec. BTW: Has 159,000 miles on it. I appreciate it

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR

04Trailblazer

Original poster
Feb 27, 2012
the roadie said:
What happens to everybody if I get hit by a meteorite and die? :confused: I worry about you guys who need to be reminded to Google first, THEN post up if you don't find anything. :raspberry:

I don't know what we will do! haha. I guess I was just trying to get a updated answer.

04Trailblazer

Original poster
Feb 27, 2012
I went ahead and Pulled Fuse's PCM B and PCM 1 for 20 mins hoping it will clear the PCM. So ive done a little research, So I can have it Flashed and fixed? or Do I need to look into a new PCM? Thanks,

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
the roadie said:
What happens to everybody if I get hit by a meteorite and die? :confused: I worry about you guys who need to be reminded to Google first, THEN post up if you don't find anything. :raspberry:

Yeah, that would suck, I am assuming it is just understood that when you replace the Envoy, we are all running out and getting whatever you replace it with so you can keep searching for us.

On a side note, if you're gonna go, getting hit by a meteorite is kinda badass

04Trailblazer

Original poster
Feb 27, 2012
SBUBandit said:
Yeah, that would suck, I am assuming it is just understood that when you replace the Envoy, we are all running out and getting whatever you replace it with so you can keep searching for us.

On a side note, if you're gonna go, getting hit by a meteorite is kinda badass

I agree to get by a meteorite would be kinda badass

Eric04

Dec 3, 2014
West Michigan
2004 I6, 75K. I have now had two instances of combined SES and REP, occurring about 6 months apart. IIRC the first time the code was p1680 and today it came up as p0606. On both occasions the REP disappeared on restart and SES disappeared after one drive cycle. At this point I'm still researching options but due to the relatively infrequent repetition I'm in no rush to swap it out. If I had a trustworthy dealership available(does anyone?) I'd inquire about a reflash solving the issue, as I've read it's a possibility with the '04s. Ah well, no real question with this since there are many options presented elsewhere on the site, more of a ramble. But hey, I've got something to tinker with now...

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Both codes point to a PCM issue. Try wiggling the PCM connectors while it's running and see if the code(s) appear again. If it happens again, disconnect the battery, pull all three connectors, check for corrosion and reconnect.

If after all that it happens again, I would replace the PCM. Find a used one off a same year junker (pick-a-parts are cheap), do a security relearn and go. You will get an error because you will need a CASE relearn but you can run it like this until you determine the PCM solved the issue. Because the CEL will be on, check for codes once in a while. Then go for the CASE relearn.

Failure of these PCM's are few and far between but it does happen and also intermittent like you.

Eric04

Dec 3, 2014
West Michigan
Both codes point to a PCM issue. Try wiggling the PCM connectors while it's running and see if the code(s) appear again. If it happens again, disconnect the battery, pull all three connectors, check for corrosion and reconnect.

If after all that it happens again, I would replace the PCM. Find a used one off a same year junker (pick-a-parts are cheap), do a security relearn and go. You will get an error because you will need a CASE relearn but you can run it like this until you determine the PCM solved the issue. Because the CEL will be on, check for codes once in a while. Then go for the CASE relearn.

Failure of these PCM's are few and far between but it does happen and also intermittent like you.

Thanks, Sir Moose. That sounds like the most direct course of action. It'd be nice to have the luck of finding a bad connection but either way I'll have to attack it before it becomes more frequent.

Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online