Help needed, ASWC installation

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Hey guys
For those following the other thread I'm installing a Kenwood DX in my truck and having the LC GMRC01 Adapter and ASWC interface for steering controls.

I just Finished connecting the headunit wires with the LC GMRC01 but having trouble figuring out how to install the steering interface METRA ASWC.

There's a wire from the headunit for steering controls So will need to connect it to the pink wire of the ASWC interface (pin1) but then what?

The manual isn't giving much info on how to install!

Dad-O-Matic

Dec 5, 2011
fadyasha said:
There's a wire from the headunit for steering controls So will need to connect it to the pink wire of the ASWC interface (pin1) but then what?

If I'm reading correctly, there's only 4 wires to connect:
red to 12V+
black to ground
pink to pin1
and then from their instructions:

"plug the included female 3.5mm connector with the Brown and Brown/White wires into the male 3.5mm connector of the ASWC harness. Connect the Kenwood/JVC SWC wire (normally Blue/Yellow) to the Brown wire of the ASWC."

"* For Kenwood radios or JVC’s with the Blue yellow wire: Connect the
Kenwood/JVC SWC wire (normally Blue/Yellow) to the Brown wire of the ASWC.
Isolate and tape the Brown/White wire, it will not be used.

**Some of the newer Kenwood radios will auto detect as a JVC. If this is the
case you can use a 10k to 12k ohm resistor (included) in line between the
Blue/Yellow and brown wire of the female 3.5mm jack during programming. Or
you can manually set the radio type which is in ASWC manual."

The instructions on my GMOS were pretty bad too. Had to go online to get the latest version.

Hope that helps

Edit: Just saw you had the instructions in your other thread, so this probably doesn't help.

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
Lol thanks and no worries. Question, if I need to connect

-The LC-GMRC-01 is providing a 12v accessory wire to the Aftermarket Head Unit. Can I use the same to power the ASWC interface or will things blow up in my face? I would think I need another source of power. Basic logic, but wanna double check

-Both Metra products need to be linked to a ground wire. Would it be safe to link use the same ground wire for the LC-GMRC-01, ASWC, and the Kenwood HU? Or would I need to find different ground wire location? (basically just connect the Ground wire of the Kenwood and ASWC with the one provided coming out of the LC-GMRC-01.

-My Axxess ASWC does not have a Brown wire to link to the Blue/Yellow wire from my Kenwood Head Unit. :sadcry:

-Can I lower the chimes sound in the LC-GMRC-01? I opened the small black box and there is no indication on which wire to cut.

Sorry for the amateur questions. It's my first audio installation ! I've also sent Axxess an email but waiting on them to get back to me :S

fadyasha

Original poster
Dec 21, 2011
So figured the most part of it. But there's no brown wire on the ASWC to connect to the blue/yellow wire on the kenwood! This is crap lol! Will wait and see if the support gets back to me with an answer

Update!! Found the brown wire with the female plug! It was in the car! I showed the parts to a local shop once and it must have slipped from the box when putting things back in!

Hopefully will get this done tonight!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online