Hello to all from Helsinki Finland

Minttu

Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
Hi,

I found this site very helpful in many ways so I joined in today. Just looking forward to my first winter with the TB - I have owned only 2WD vehicles in my life for so far. On the map it seemed that I'm the only one sitting on the place called Finland..?? Anyway, I like my TB a lot. It's a relatively big SUV in European standards, sometimes I have to squeeze me & my TB in the tightest and tiniest parking spaces (made for smaller cars) but I'm learning. I love the car though, the easiest ride I've ever had and I suppose from now on I do not have to worry being stuck in the deep snow that easily. My boys play soccer all year round so sometimes even though the soccer field is clear, the road leading there is not.

Best regards, Minttu

Reactions: Capote and JamesL3
May 5, 2013
Welcome to the forum.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Hakkapeliitta winter tires and 4x4 makes for a confident winter drive. The occasional :pictures: are nice too!

Welcome :tiphat:

Reactions: Capote and Mounce

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
TRAILBLAZER.gif
Welcome to the Nation!
TRAILBLAZER.gif

Harpo

Dec 4, 2011
Sweden
Welcome "neighbor" to the place to be.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Welcome to GMTNation!

Your're gonna love the TB in the snow, especially if you have snow tires. I like snowmobiling and Denali always gets me n DOO to the snow. Denali n DOO only get together in the winter and will drive through ANY winter weather to get to a groomed trail for some play time...

Enjoy your new ride :thumbsup:

Mark@PCMofNC

Jul 14, 2014
Welcome to the forum. My great grandparents on both sides were immigrants from Finland.

Reactions: Minttu

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Welcome! Does yours have the "ugly to us" amber taillights? They are usually on European models.

My mother-in-law is Finnish :biggrin:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Diggin' the grill guard & fog lights :yes:

Minttu

Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
Mooseman said:
Welcome! Does yours have the "ugly to us" amber taillights? They are usually on European models.

My mother-in-law is Finnish :biggrin:

Oh yes 'dem ugly ones... :smile:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Minttu said:
Here's a photo of those ugly amber taillights.
:puke:

But you would be surprised as to how many people are looking for those. Either they need them for a safety check (I know of at least two) or because they think they're safer. They are hard to find so take very good care of them.

Otherwise, a very fine machine. I like the bull bar and lights. Gives it that off-road business look. As you may have seen reading around here, be sure to change all your fluids, especially the transfer case, as it has a relatively short interval (80k km) and is often neglected. It can self destruct if overlooked.

Reactions: Minttu

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Minttu

Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
Mooseman said:
:puke:

But you would be surprised as to how many people are looking for those. Either they need them for a safety check (I know of at least two) or because they think they're safer. They are hard to find so take very good care of them.

Otherwise, a very fine machine. I like the bull bar and lights. Gives it that off-road business look. As you may have seen reading around here, be sure to change all your fluids, especially the transfer case, as it has a relatively short interval (80k km) and is often neglected. It can self destruct if overlooked.
I appreciate the advice, many thanks!

I have a good garage & mechanic to take care of those; unfortunately I don't have the skill or courage to do anything myself except the occasional fluid checks etc.

This TB had a very good history on it, all the maintenance has been made at the local GM dealer's repair shop, so all the needed fluid changes etc. have been made and documented regularly . Now it has 179000 km (111225 miles) in the odometer.

This brings me to my first question considering the DIC messages; is there something wrong with the engine oil level, every time I start the engine in the morning, it reminds me with the text "CHECK OIL LEVEL"?
I have checked the stick and to me it looks all right - all the way to the "F" mark. Oil looks fine to me, no foam and the color OK (coffee brown). I have checked the oil from both the cold and warm engine (warm after 15 minutes standby). Hopefully this is just another stupid newbie question... :crazy:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
You have an '03, which no longer had an oil level indicator. I never got that message even though I do have it. Maybe yours is an early '03 that may still have an indicator from an '02. Check under the oil pan for a sensor right in the middle of the pan. If you have one, it may be defective. You could either replace it or figure out how to disable it, either by unplugging it or shorting the connector.

Now I'm gonna have to play with mine to see if I get that message :smile:

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Welcome!

Texan

Jan 14, 2014
Welcome to the nation. There is no such thing as a newbie question. But it is a interesting
question. My 03 TB LT does not have a DIC, but if you check Rock Auto they show a oil
level sensor for the 03 TB. I have looked for one on mine, but could not find it. I am curious
as to where it would be located.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
See my post, #31 above.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.