Hello From Minnesota

richphotos

Original poster
Feb 26, 2016
St. Louis Park, MN
Hey, I just joined and got a new vehicle.
Went from a 93 GMC jimmy s15 with 210,000 miles to this White 04 Trailblazer with 93,000 miles.

I dont have any huge plans for it, I have already installed a cd player and a 12" alpine type r.

And have started with the custom LED tail light build. When I had the jimmy, every exterior light was custom built by me out of LED's and I plan on doing the same with this one.

Each tail light will have 120 Lumiled HPWT-Dh00 superflux LED's for the brake/signal and running lights (both top and bottom part of the tail light will have all 3 functions)

Reverse lights will be 15 Nichia white LED's per side. I have not decided on what to do with the front lights but I have 120 Amber leds ready to go.

The truck is super clean for being a MN truck.

Look to help people and learn this truck!

DSC_2388_zpsjczn8lrw.jpg

DSC_2390_zps6dg1cm3m.jpg

DSC_2392_zpsoxx2ugky.jpg

DSC_2397_zpswtyfg4sw.jpg

richphotos

Original poster
Feb 26, 2016
St. Louis Park, MN
Thank you for the welcome.
I enjoy the 12" alpine very much, it can take a beating and gets down, I have it in a 2.4cuft. It is tuned to 32hz and has 46.5sqin of port area.

Thank you for the link for that LED mod thread, I think People will enjoy the tail lights when I am finished with them.

Reactions: dmanns67

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Welcome to the fray

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Welcome to GMTNation!

Nice looking truck :thumbsup:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Welcome to the Nation! You've come to the right place.

richphotos

Original poster
Feb 26, 2016
St. Louis Park, MN
Thanks for the welcome. There are a couple small things that I need to address on it but otherwise its VERY clean.
One of them being the rear swaybar end link on the drivers side is rattling over bumps.

I need to do more research on random headlight dimming I notice at night but from searching that seems to be a common problem that is a design issue, unless I am wrong there.

And now yesterday I noticed a faint rattle noise only in drive while accelerating in the front somewhere sounds more passenger side. I could not replicate it while sitting in park, its only while driving and not all the time either, and it is VERY faint.

I am excited to do mods to this and work on it, after working on a 93 that spent its whole life in MN winters, working on that was a hand full thanks to a good friend, rust.

Again, thanks for the welcome.

Sib

Sep 6, 2014
Nice and clean looking truck. I know you said you did not plan on doing much to it except for a few mods, but if you search around through the site enough, your mod bug will bite you and you'll be doing things you never planned on. :yes:

Welcome to the Nation btw. :tiphat:

richphotos

Original poster
Feb 26, 2016
St. Louis Park, MN
I am sure I will. Thanks for the welcome.

I already figured out that strange rattle noise, just a heat shield

Maybe someone could answer me a quick question so I do not have to be annoying and start a new thread for something so small.

The truck has a power moon roof, did they make some sort of sun shade that would pop into place for these? I am used to seeing vehicles with moon roofs with a power or manual sun shade that slides into the head liner, but there is nothing and no room for one. So I was curious if there was one that some how fit into place and was removable and put into the back seat or something?

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
Thank you sir!
I just now need to find white mirrors to match the TB LT. That looks might nice in your signature on your SS.

Did you do that or is that factory (still do not know much about these, all that I see has black) Either way, it looks amazing. Nice ride!

Thank you for the compliment, I actually painted them. My truck is a 2005 LS that I have slowly transformed into what I like.

I would direct you to my build thread, however all the pictures are gone because the admin is working on the gallery. You can remove the mirror caps pretty easily and paint them then put them back on. You can buy matching paint pretty easily :smile:

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
You betcha. But only if mom cooks it.

Welcome!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online