Hello from Finland!

an301

Original poster
Mar 9, 2016
finland
Hi,
I am new in this forum, so few words about me and my car. I live in Helsinki. My earlier car was chevy Blazer 1997. Liked it a lot, but a bulldozer chrashed it! Then I had two cars to choose from: Mercedes ML or Chevy TB. My choise was TB! Love the look of that car. So, I bougt my Tb 2003 LTZ in January this year. I went to Stockholm, Sweden, and bought it there. Much more and cheaper cars there!

Ok. Car looks fine, and has only gone 128000 km. Actually car was very cheap, because rear differential was very loud... And It uses much gas, as we all know! People here wants cars, that uses 3-5l/100km. ( gas in Finland costs 1,3€/l, that is around 5$/gal).

Situation now: I took rear differential apart, and It was rear pinion bearing, that made the noise. I think the oil have never been chanced! Also I chanced transfercase, and front differential oils. Front differential oil were low, and axle seal leaks... In transfercase there were too much oil! Also I have changed rear and front brakes (discs and calibers). And brakefluid ofcourse (it was black)... So car have not been maintenaced at all in few years. I have planned to clear rust off from chassis and then paint it with Por15.

I ordered that Tech2 tool from China, but It hasn't arrived yet. Car is much beter to drive, much more powerful, and more silent than my earlier Blazer. Only thing that really pisses me off is that Bose radio! Sound is very dissorted! I changed the amp, and next I change the speakers. If that don't cure the problem, then Bose goes!!!

Thanks again for the great Forum. Keep up the good work!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Welcome to the fray!

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Welcome to GMTNation!

Wow, your gas isn't very cheap!

dkvasnicka

Jul 24, 2015
Czech republic, Europe
Yay, another european! Welcome! :wink:

I recently changed my rear diff fluid at 140k km and it also looks I was the first to do that. A bit noisy too. But a dead bearing and heavy noise at 128k is a bummer... maybe some of the previous owners treated the car badly and were giving it the beans more often then they should :wink:

Those Chinese Tech2 tools, do they work well?

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Hi,
I have planned to clear rust off from chassis and then paint it with Por15.
Thanks again for the great Forum. Keep up the good work!

Welcome to GMT Nation... Here is an interesting link that might help you with your POR-15 Project:

If the work relates to applying POR-15 to JUST the Front Suspension and Brake Components... I just "Finnish"ed ( "Litte Gran" Pun Intended...) working a Total Front Suspension POR-15 Project with plenty of Tips and Images to assist you. Good Luck!

http://gmtnation.com/forums/threads/how-to-put-on-bullet-proof-suspension-paint.14775/

PS... I cannot listen to Jean Sibelius' "Finlandia" without Breaking Down and Crying like a Baby!

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Welcome to the Nation! You will enjoy this band of Perkele! :satan: You're well on your way to fix and mod your truck!

Harpo

Dec 4, 2011
Sweden
Welcome neighbor.
Gas isn't cheap in this part of the world:yikes:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online