Hello from Dallas

Wph84

Original poster
Apr 17, 2015
Hi I'm William I've owned my Isuzu ascender for about 3 years. Been a great truck. I've only had to replace the cluster because of a shorty repair job on the stepper motors.

I'm looking to do some nice exterior mods and get some larger tires to help fill out the wheel wells. Buying a cheap safari bar and roof basket is where I'm starting, but will be looking through the forums for more inspiration.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: dmanns67 and Mounce

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Welcome! Glad you found us!

Do some searching here about the biggest tire you can get without getting wheel spacers. Too big of a tire without spacers is a bad time...the top of the steering knuckle where the upper ball joint is will ruin the tire. Take a peek in your wheel well above the tire and you'll see what I'm talking about.

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
Welcome :tiphat:
you have come to the right place for mod ideas.
it seems once your here, the mod bug bites you big time,
as all that have come before you have found out.

Reactions: Mounce

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Welcome to the Nation William :tiphat: You have come to the right place. You will find tons of mod ideas here as well as a very helpful and friendly community.

Watch out for BlckShdw, he likes to feed everyone's mod bug :rotfl: He is the resident LED GURU :yes:

Reactions: Sib and Mounce

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
Owned the truck for three years before modding. Sounds like me with my vehicals. One year and all i have done is replace the radio with a nav unit.

Welcome to the nation...

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
welcome!

Wph84

Original poster
Apr 17, 2015
Thanks for the warm welcome all.

Yes ive owned it for 3 years without modding, i even have the factory stereo, though technically i added a PAC auxiliary adapter but i dont really consider that a mod. i originally was looking to sell the Ascender once it was paid off and look at getting another SUV, but the more i thought about it i really love my truck so why sell it.. just make it more what i like! (though i really wish it were 4x4).

I've been doing some research and decided i need to get some wheel spacers even while i have the standard wheels on but im having trouble finding spacers that are 6x5, and not adapters to other sizes so thats my first adventure.

I already ordered the roof basket and a couple crossbars since my stock ones were broke when i bought the car. Also planning on taking the back hatch apart to pop out a dent that some jerk at walmart made.

ALSO looking at doing a resonator delete, though im not sure how my l6 is going to sound with that off, but i cant stand the way it looks.

you guys already have spurred some ideas, and ive only made 2 posts.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Wph84 said:
ALSO looking at doing a resonator delete, though im not sure how my l6 is going to sound with that off, but i cant stand the way it looks. you guys already have spurred some ideas, and ive only made 2 posts.
Do it :2thumbsup:

Not only will it improve the look of the rear end, but it will sound better as well. No annoying drone either.

Reactions: Sib

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Wph84 said:
yes i lurked around TV for a year or two actually when i first started having problems with my stepper motors and noticed its decline. glad to have found this site though.

ive found some spacers that will fit i believe.. anyone had experience with this company?

http://mywheeladapters.com/products/6x5-to-6x5-6x127-to-6x127-wheel-adapters-6-lug-1-25-in-14x1-5-lug-spacers-x-4

price seems decent enough.
Welcome! You will ikely have to do some grinding on your studs to get them to seat properly. http://www.theliftmeister.com/public_html/theliftmeister.com/page4/page4.html is a member and has provided much research and support to the GMT-360/370 platforms.

Wph84

Original poster
Apr 17, 2015
i'll have to take a look at that, they're just so much more expensive but im sure the old saying is true..

you get what you pay for.

Does he offer any type of discount to forum members?

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Mark and a few others run around the same pricing and higher quality.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Welcome

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online