Hello for Northern MN!

murdog

Original poster
May 20, 2016
Duluth MN
Thought I would introduce myself, I live up at the head of Lake Superior, and came in search of information about my old trailblazer.
I am not new to GM trucks, or SUVs (have a 97 S10 Blazer with 370K miles and have owned 10 GM Trucks, and one other S10 Blazer) I was (emphasis here) also an admin/mod on another GM Truck site so I know how to try to contribute with decent info.
My wife and I bought our 2005 EXT 4X4 last year for a second vehicle and I have done a ton of work, front struts, front A Arms, mounts and ball joints, water pump, idler pulley,Rear AC block off, new tires, Clutch Fan Harness,typical tune up stuff, replaced steering wheel audio buttons, rebuilt the cluster, and new tail light circuit boards (both were bad) and thrown on a new set of tires, it currently has 220K miles, and I intend to keep it for a couple of years more at least. We own a Ecoboost F150 for pulling the boat and camper etc, since the trailblazer doesnt fit my ice house and I also dont really want to grenade the tranny in the TB and the F150 gets better milage and makes more power for pulling the boat and snowmobiles. When this one needs to be replaced my wife already has stated she wants another one (I hope to find a low mile one with the 5.3L) Anyhow, I am no expert but do my best so people dont waste money.

Reactions: dkvasnicka

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Welcome... Your experienced input will help many here...

Harpo

Dec 4, 2011
Sweden
Welcome from Sweden to.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
You'll fit right in. Welcome!

murdog

Original poster
May 20, 2016
Duluth MN
Welcome aboard!

What site was it?
GM Truck Club.

And I read about the story, I was doing some reading over at trailvoy before and saw the comment about it being a dead sea (had not joined) and then did some digging and found this place.

Last edited:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I am a member there. Not so active over there as I am here.

murdog

Original poster
May 20, 2016
Duluth MN
I am a member there. Not so active over there as I am here.
I left because the site owner was a bit too picky about certain things (I was in charge of Truck of the month and he complained what software I used to size the photos) and unpaid but he wanted you to put in X amount of time, and if you needed help he would sometimes take days to respond. Just didnt care for it. Plus alot of favorites etc. I would not be surprised to see it sell (or it may have already) to VS.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Yeah, VS bought him out last year. There are a few prople that I have been trying to get them to leave the site.

murdog

Original poster
May 20, 2016
Duluth MN
Yeah, VS bought him out last year. There are a few prople that I have been trying to get them to leave the site.
Not really a surprise, he had started the site to turn it into something to make money on. It was alright, but when I left a couple of years back he was already trying to get as many adds in, google presence etc. Just not the place I wanted to be, nor be treated like he owned me. Just some bad blood. I just went without a forum when I Had my silverado (before the ecoboost). But with this trailblazer it is a bit different than the GM Truck platform, and more complicated.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online