Heater Hoses

blwn31

Original poster
Jan 26, 2012
I've got a '02 Trailblazer that I'm doing an engine swap on, I've got a dead hole #4 cylinder. The heater hoses snapped off when trying to remove them from the heater core. They were as brittle as can be, I guess they should be with 210K on the odometer. Per every website I've been on these hoses are no longer available. Hoses from a 2003-2009 are still available and seem to look the same per the illustrated parts catalogs I've looked at online.. I'm sure GM did a redesign from the first year model I have. I also checked heater core part numbers for the two years and they are also different, hmm. The part numbers for the fittings that screw into both sides of the engine (items 3 & 7) are the same and the fitting that snaps onto the inboard side of the heater core (item 8) is also the same. Here are the parts catalogs I'm looking at, 2002 vs. 2003. I was wondering if anyone has run into this and or has any info that will reaffirm my suspicion, that '03 hose assemblies and hose parts would work on my '02. Any kelp would be appreciated.

Keith

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I've got a '02 Trailblazer that I'm doing an engine swap on, I've got a dead hole #4 cylinder. The heater hoses snapped off when trying to remove them from the heater core. They were as brittle as can be, I guess they should be with 210K on the odometer. Per every website I've been on these hoses are no longer available. Hoses from a 2003-2009 are still available and seem to look the same per the illustrated parts catalogs I've looked at online.. I'm sure GM did a redesign from the first year model I have. I also checked heater core part numbers for the two years and they are also different, hmm. The part numbers for the fittings that screw into both sides of the engine (items 3 & 7) are the same and the fitting that snaps onto the inboard side of the heater core (item 8) is also the same. Here are the parts catalogs I'm looking at, 2002 vs. 2003. I was wondering if anyone has run into this and or has any info that will reaffirm my suspicion, that '03 hose assemblies and hose parts would work on my '02. Any kelp would be appreciated.

Keith
According to RockAuto.com, the '02 vs. the '03 and up TB's share the same various Heater Hose connector part numbers based on all the brands listed (minus one Dorman listing just not included in the list, due to the '02 only having a 90 degree elbow design that year). Even when looking at the Heater Hose part numbers on RockAuto.com they are all a match for all years. Upon closer inspection for example, of a Dorman brand Heater Hose connector to pipe 1 on a '02 vs. one for an '03 and up; the only difference is a 90 degree elbow. The connectors are exactly the same:heaterhoseconnector.pngheaterhoseconnector90degrees.png
So based upon the fact that the end of the connector to heater hose pipe 1 on a 2002 is the same design as the following years, I believe you wouldn't have a problem just using an '03 and up hose and connector.

Last edited:

KNBlazer

Feb 8, 2012
I just replaced the Heater Control Valve on my Ext, the one that's electronic.... No luck with the hoses... Napa, Pepboys, AutoZone, Oreilly, no one had them.... the connectors RA calls for were also incorrect, my trucks plumbing is 3/4 and not 5/8..... my advice, visit your local dealer and have them confirm p/n(s) with your VIN.....

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online