Heater hoses

Rbstuartjr

Original poster
May 24, 2012
Hi everyone, it seems that my heater hoses are leaking right above the passenger side frame rail on my trailblazer ext. So I figure it's time to replace them. When I went to look up the part numbers on the diagrams, it seems that since they are no longer available the part numbers are not labeled anymore. I went to rock auto and they have a whole bunch of heater hoses listed with their applicable part numbers. Looking at the attached diagram the hoses that are leaking are #9 and 19. I was gonna replace 21 while I had everything apart as well. I have tried researching these part numbers before asking on here, so if anyone can please let me know the part numbers I would really appreciate this. Thanks image.jpg

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I have a 10 MB PDF of part numbers useful for body shop quoting, and they don't show those parts either. Odd. How about fabricating them from generic hose?

Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
Not meaning to hi Jack.. But roadie do you happen to know exactly what that valve does? And what size the ends are for the vac line to it?

Rbstuartjr

Original poster
May 24, 2012
Roadie, that's what I'll probably end up doing. Figured since the parts are available it would be easier to do a simple swap.

Midnyte that's the heater control valve for the auxiliary heater in the rear on the Ext versions. As to the size of the vacuum line ends, I'm not sure.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I don't have one to measure. The valve is indeed to close off hot coolant from going to the rear in summer. It's electrically controlled, with vacuum boost. If you care to manage manual valves or bypass hoses, you could run without the valve. How could you have one and no vacuum going to it?

Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
The hose had a crack in it and had to take it off as I wasn't around any part stores. And just never got around to putting the line back in. I capped the manifold outlet and have been running like that for almost a year.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online