Heater hose connector broken and stuck

S13Hitman

Original poster
Oct 20, 2017
Hilton Head
Had a leaking heater core hose, tried to take off the connector with a quick disconnect and the damn thing broke off.

The problem now is after I took that pic, I kept trying to pull the plastic out of the metal crimped end. Well, now the plastic end of the connector is still in that metal crimped hose. I've tried prying it out for a good 30 minutes and haven't had any success. Any ideas guys and gals?

This is my only vehicle and need it back up and running. Please take a look at the pic, just need the plastic out of the metal crimped end.

Could I just nip the metal crimped end off and use a hose clamp?? Lol Just kidding but thought about it.

Attachments

• TB Pic.jpg
    TB Pic.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 25

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I think you might not have much of a choice but to cut off the metal crimp. That will leave you with the hose end. You'll also have to remove the clip that's left on the heater core end. You can get a hose connector like this (not sure if this is the right size):

S13Hitman

Original poster
Oct 20, 2017
Hilton Head
I think you might not have much of a choice but to cut off the metal crimp. That will leave you with the hose end. You'll also have to remove the clip that's left on the heater core end. You can get a hose connector like this (not sure if this is the right size):
Thanks Mooseman, I did remove the other bits and have the replacement part. I've tried to remove the stuck plastic a few times, it's not budging. I'll get a hose clamp and hope that works okay. The nipple has a ribbed end so just using a hose clamp should be okay.

S13Hitman

Original poster
Oct 20, 2017
Hilton Head
Headsup... My quick disconnect does not seem to want to slide onto the metal barb sticking out of the heater core. I checked with AutoZone and another store, I have the correct connector but damn my luck right now.

I improvised and just slide the rubber hose (with the metal crimp removed) onto the metal barb and used a hose clamp. It's not ideal since there's no hose stopper to keep it from sliding off.

Love wrenching on cars but I sure hate when things don't go right.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online

No members online now.