Heater core hose leak

S13Hitman

Original poster
Oct 20, 2017
Hilton Head
The hose with the heat shielding that has a 90 degree bend is leaking. Its the connector on the right going into the heater core and just above the exhaust manifold. I'm fairly certain it's the heater core, looks like this hose goes behind the engine and I cannot find much info in the FSM about it. The leak looks like it's coming from the plastic connector but the heat shielding is soaked and stained from the coolant.

I did order a quick disconnect kit of course but any tips or writeups you guys? I'm thinking the hose needs to be replaced as well but I really don't want to drop the motor to get this hose replaced.

It doesn't look like a fun job and there's not much info out there.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Found some info on the site that might help:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
From around 7:12 forward in this Video from RealFixesRealFast... Duane provides an uncommonly OPEN view of BOTH Heater Hoses on a Naked Trailblazer Engine that you can look over to confirm the one you need to repair. There are Two DIFFERENT Dorman Heater Hose Connector Kits required if BOTH ends (M&F) on BOTH Connectors need replacement ...meaning there can be as many as FOUR (4) Separate and Distinct Connector Pieces involved. The additional Still Shots attached below might help you to orient us as to which Hose you referred to is involved with your issue:

NEWGMOEMHEATERHOSE1.jpgNEWGMOEMHEATERHOSE2.jpgNEWGMOEMHEATERHOSE3.jpgTBHEATERHOSES.jpgTNHEATERHOSELAYOUT.png

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.