Heater core drain hose?

lint

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I have tried everything I can to stop the tube from plugging up. I have a large stay tie that I stick in every month to open it. And have pulled the rubber plug off inside and put every thing in to clean it I can think of ,mold killer, soap and water and lots more . I have found that it clogs in the hose itself . I can pull it off and water just pours out ..Its where the small hose goes into the bigger rubber end.

Question ,, Is there a reason that the hose is that small. Like bugs or mice getting in? Because I was going to get a L shape or bend heater hose to put on to do away with the step down of the 2 peace hose. I am getting tired of drying the carpet.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I'd guess bugs. Have you ever closely examined the material doing the clogging? You might try some insecticide (spider) spray in and around the tube in the engine compartment.

lint

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
the roadie said:
I'd guess bugs. Have you ever closely examined the material doing the clogging? You might try some insecticide (spider) spray in and around the tube in the engine compartment.

At first I thought it could be wasp But that would be a tight fit. Spiders could be a possibility, Its not chunks of black like mold just a misty film like pound scum .As a spider web would look with water on it. Thanks for the reply Roadie, Good possibility. in all my time with automobiles I have had mice, rats snakes and a Chipmunk that had my air cleaner full of nuts , Almost caught the car on fire . and even a fox in my trunk :yes: all did damage .But a spider that would be wild . I hope that is it. getting a little frustrated with it. Its always the little things..:hissyfit:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online