Heated seats in a TB not wired for them?

jsheahawk

Original poster
Jan 16, 2013
Kansas City
I snagged a power/heated Rainier seat from the junk yard. My 2002 LS is wired for exactly airbag and seatbelt sensor. Four wires. Thanks, GM. I ran a 12V constant for the power seats without a problem, but I'd like to get the heated seats working. Has anyone ever hacked in an analog control for the factory seat heaters without involving the TB's DDM and seat memory module?

jsheahawk

Original poster
Jan 16, 2013
Kansas City
Whelp...it turns out that getting it the factory DDM working with the seat module was a no go. I ended up buying a couple aftermarket switches and relays, running ACC power to each seat, and wiring up the factory heated seats in an aftermarket fashion. Ohmagehrd...heated seats are amazing.

I've attached the wiring diagram. Switching to low runs the back and cushion heaters in series, and high runs them in parallel. I kind of wanted a back only option, but that would have been far more complicated. You can't always get what you want.

SWITCHES

RELAYS

y3b4nDr.png

Last edited:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
CAn you get me the Part numbers of the switches and relays you used.

That member hasn't been back on the site in over a year. Looks like he provided a link to the switch he used, the relay link is incorrect, but looking at the diagram, a standard 5 pin relay is what he went with. :thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online