Headlights 9006/9005 (High/low beam)

Sunray

Original poster
Apr 9, 2012
Hi,

I am on a 2008 Trail Blazer; i want to buy bright white 9006/9005 bulbs for my car.

Has anyone bought any before that are true WHITE? Can you please advice the brand and model of the bulbs for 9005 and 9006

I had bad experience in the past with my CLK320, as none of the bulbs i bought (so call WHITE) when fix; none of them are WHITE...all turns out to be warm light as the stock.

Appreciate :smile:

Bub

Nov 21, 2011
Search Search hurry up and Search!! but 6000k hids is a good place to start

Sunray

Original poster
Apr 9, 2012
Bub said:
Search Search hurry up and Search!! but 6000k hids is a good place to start

Hi,

I not looking at the temperature....

I have got some so call 6000k but when put on my clk it's still yellow...

I am looking at someone that have already bought something and put it on and the result is good. Please send me the link of your purchased product if possible...

Bub

Nov 21, 2011
Sunray said:
Hi,

I not looking at the temperature....

I have got some so call 6000k but when put on my clk it's still yellow...

I am looking at someone that have already bought something and put it on and the result is good. Please send me the link of your purchased product if possible...

are you looking at standard Halogen bulbs or converting to HID, because it will take some research to achieve the results you want. I purchased my 55w 6000k low beams from ddmtuning.com and my 35w 6000k fog lights from ebay. Do some readin homie:hissyfit:

Sunray

Original poster
Apr 9, 2012
Bub said:
are you looking at standard Halogen bulbs or converting to HID, because it will take some research to achieve the results you want. I purchased my 55w 6000k low beams from ddmtuning.com and my 35w 6000k fog lights from ebay. Do some readin homie:hissyfit:

Hi,

I don't think I will go the hid way cutting wires... Is there a option to get it white for the halogen bulbs?

55w 6000k for halogen is good?

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
As close as it gets IMO (and cheap too)

[EBAY]370602417831[/EBAY]

Sunray

Original poster
Apr 9, 2012
I love to have hid but what I know is it is sometime not as easy as plug and play.....

Not sure for my trailblazer though.

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
The above posts are correct. You are never going to find halogen bulbs that are true white. There are probably 100+ threads on this forum about HID and various subjects related to them. Also, if you try to use any of the over-wattage bulbs, you'll burn up wires and harnesses.

There are a huge number of us on this site running HID, and 99% of us installed them ourselves. I have 6000K HID from VVME, with DRLs disabled, and the quad-beam high beams. Installed it all myself in an afternoon. Even if you aren't comfortable doing the install yourself, any installer would be able to handle it.

Keep in mind, HID take a moment to warm up, so most of us do not use HID in the high beams, but if you do, you'll definitely want quad-beams, where the lows stay on with the highs. That way when you switch back and forth you still have light

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Bub said:

ouch someone is upset lol we are here to help people not kick them and talk to them like that....just sayin. Plus you can see he's confused so no need for that :smile:

But like the others say you will never really get true white!! It's hard but you can get close. HID's you do not need to cut any wires at all. It's all plug and play 100% not 99%!! I do not know what kits some are buying but VVME and DDMTuning is the most popular on here and its all plug and play kits! Simple enough that someone like me is able to do it so you can also! If you want the closest to white you can do 35W 5000k HID's which is going to be pretty white. If you do not want HID's then you can do silverstars but do expect some hint of yellow with those.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
we are here to help people not kick them and talk to them like that....just sayin. Plus you can see he's confused so no need for that :smile:
:iagree:

Especially since the OP is not in the U.S. and probably uses English as a second language.

Sunray

Original poster
Apr 9, 2012
Thanks for all the advices guys.

I have looked at some old HID I used to have... The power end (red and black wires) are loose without the clip part. In the case, I guess I will have to cut the power wire from the bulb on the car and join them. Maybe this is why I always think it is not plug and play.

GMDUDE2003

Apr 10, 2012
Sunray said:
Thanks for all the advices guys.

I have looked at some old HID I used to have... The power end (red and black wires) are loose without the clip part. In the case, I guess I will have to cut the power wire from the bulb on the car and join them. Maybe this is why I always think it is not plug and play.

I have bought cheapies on Ebay that were pretty white, but like they've said not "true white". I'll look for the ones i had and post it.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
I would order a new kit because your missing the clips that are there and your risking a bad connection and possibility them not working correctly

here is the link to the site I got mine from and not a problem since I got them
HID Kits, BMW Aftermarket Bumpers & Lighting, DEPO - DDM Tuning
Now if you do go this way and get HID's I would highly recommend HID harness so that way your factory one doesn't go bad and saves you a ton of trouble for the long run!

Here are some pictures of mine that are 6000K incase some pictures help you out
Now for you I would say 5000K is the best since you want more white then that tint of blue I have

Attachments

• IMG_5124.jpg
    IMG_5124.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0504.jpg
    IMG_0504.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 6
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 6

Ace1875

Mar 29, 2012
Yup a relay kit is also plug and play. A true kit always IS plug and play. I have used HIDs since the late 90s and they have changed a lot in the last 5yrs.

A relay is recommended but not necessary. When a HID light starts up it requires a LOT of power for the initial fire up then uses less power to keep it on. Even less then a halogen. In order to keep the initial fire up off your factory harness, people use a weather resistant relay kit, which is also plug and play. The only wire u have to hook up are the power and ground to the battery and chassis.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
I have hid's for highs and have the quad beam mod. It does take about 10seconds for the high beams to ful potential. Use the bright white sylvanias. M2c.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online