Have to agree with Kilmer on this...

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
First Chevy botches the Blazer re-do and now the 4cyl. Silverado....

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Having driven the 4cyl Sierra (Test Mule), I actually liked it. I would not buy it, but I liked it..

That being said, Scotty is still one of the biggest idiots on YouTube.

Reactions: Mooseman

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Having driven the 4cyl Sierra (Test Mule), I actually liked it. I would not buy it, but I liked it..

Yeah, they actually perform better than I expected but, I don't think that I could ever get used to the Ricer sound of the exhaust...:yawn:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Yeah, they actually perform better than I expected but, I don't think that I could ever get used to the Ricer sound of the exhaust...:yawn:
That's why ford pumps a 5.0 sound through the stereo. It's about the cheapest sounding thing ever...

Reactions: northcreek

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015

I'm not a Scotty fan, either - anything of his has to be carefully picked apart for one possible nugget of actually useful / correct info. But - he's got 2.3 million subs to his channel. 2.3 MM people (or bots) who actually look for and watch his videos.

According to sites that track that kind of thing, that means he's making a minimum of $126K a year from YT alone (and he's got other revenue sources, like Amazon.) Acting the fool pays, I suppose.

Back to the 4cyl Silverado... it's not something that I could ever use. But - there are enough people who could make a 4cyl work for them, that it'll help with GMs CAFE numbers.

With Tesla starting to push (hype) their upcoming "F150 killer", it appears to me that V8-equipped trucks are going to start getting rarer over the next 10yrs. You'll still be able to get one - but you'll pay dearly for it (as if they're not charging outrageous prices for them now).

Last edited:
Reactions: northcreek

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I hate him. So much so, I have a YT blocker just for him. He can't let his shit stand on its own without bashing other YTubers (ChrisFix is one of them). He's an annoying idiot that lets brake calipers hang from their hoses and goes under cars supported by an ordinary floor jack. "Nuff said.

I did watch it just to prove my point. There is no substance at all in his rationale. I agree it may fail but for other reasons, like having an very complicated, and probably failure prone, DOD system in a turbo 4 banger. Not all people need to haul or tow a lot. Nowadays, most just want a big truck but don't care for the fuel usage so it may appeal to that crowd. I'm sure with gearing it can haul a bit but it certainly wouldn't be a farm truck or construction hauler. Trucks used to be the poor man's work vehicle. They're now more like luxury vehicles with the price to match.

JPutnam

Jun 30, 2017
Ft. Bragg
See, a good reason for GM and Ford to merge.

JPutnam

Jun 30, 2017
Ft. Bragg
That's why ford pumps a 5.0 sound through the stereo. It's about the cheapest sounding thing ever...

Seriously? I've heard of this before but thought it was a joke.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Seriously? I've heard of this before but thought it was a joke.
No it's real. IIRC one of the TFL truck test drives for the ranger with the ford guy he points it out even.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online