Has anyone purchased the GForce Performance Chip? Does it improve mpg?

Lacher

Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
I have an 2002 Trailblazer. I was just wondering if anyone had ever purchased the Gforce Performance Chip that is supposed to improve gas mileage by 4-7 mpg and gain 60hp. I just wanted to know if it really works before I waste the money. Thanks.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Welcome to the site!

GForce lies. Through their teeth.

Their chip is a resistor worth a dime and a connector and housing. It tries to fool a sensor, but our engine computer is too smart and in a few miles of driving, whatever benefit they claim to deliver is gone.

Their claims are impossible.

They are a stupendous ripoff.

We won't allow them to be sold or resold to victimze others in the classifieds. There are a few other items in this category, like the "tornado swirling air intake vortex disks" and throttle body spacers.

Snake oil is a "nice" term for what I think of them and their ripoff company.

I think you get the drift. :wink:

Lacher

Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
Thank you....I kinda figured it was a gimmick. Do you have any tips on how to improve mpg? I love my trailblazer but I would also love better mpg lol. According to the dash I am currently at 16.5 mpg about half or so of my driving is highway miles.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Pcmforless or if u know of someone who has hptuners they can also give u a tune. I would go the pcmforless route if I were u. Goodluck

OctaneRider03

Jul 31, 2012
I wonder why they changed their name.. I've been out to Mooresville before, NASCAR capital of the world in my opinion.. Hmm..

The chip's a gip. Don't be that guy that gets fooled into buying it solely because of what they advertise for it.. More horsepower!! Speed!!! Insanely awesome fuel milage! Yes!!!

No. -Octane

cntinuum

Dec 4, 2011
the roadie said:
We won't allow them to be sold or resold to victimize others in the classifieds. ...
How odd, the rolling ad at the top of the page was advertising a GForce chip for Dodge Trucks when I was looking at this thread!

Pittdawg

Dec 5, 2011
cntinuum said:
How odd, the rolling ad at the top of the page was advertising a GForce chip for Dodge Trucks when I was looking at this thread!

That's a good catch. Right now my add said Chevy performance chips 80+hp & tq and mpgs. Lame.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Google ads for you. They will run things with keywords, subjects, brands etc found on the page. I can be on a completely different forum and get trailblazer adds all day.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Everything I've read from read from real people (not ads) says you may get something at Wide Open Throttle but nowhere else. PCM4Less gives real performance. If you can catch one of their sales its a great deal. Note that you only have to pay for it by sale end, as I can attest you can take some time to do the work.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evenson1

Members Online

No members online now.