Has anyone here changed to wiper arms that have washer nozzles on them?

BaconBandage

Original poster
Dec 24, 2018
NE Mass
Or do the double nozzles work much better than the single nozzle design? I did buy the double nozzles a while back, but didn't realize at the time that they don't fit the holes in my '05 TB's windshield cowl. So I either need to grab the other style cowl from a junkyard, or figure out what wiper arms with sprayers would work on the TB. My G8 has the nozzles on the wiper arms and covers the windshield much better.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
There were no GMT360's that came with the sprayers on the arms. I had done a similar conversion using the arm mounted nozzles from a 90's Caprice on my old S-Blazer. I had to modify the angle higher on the arms and they worked OK. Would I do it again? Probably not. I find the fan pattern spray of the TB's sprayer adequate. I haven't seen a GMT360 with a dual stream spray like the Imports. Maybe you have aftermarket nozzles? I had one once that was defective and sprayed a single stream instead of the fan pattern.

I know what you mean. I have the same sprayers on my '11 Caprice but find that the driver side doesn't quite spray high enough on the driver side.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
My 07.5 Silverado has the nozzles on the arms (2 per arm). Maybe you can take them off another vehicle's arm like a Silverado and retro them to the TB arms?

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I retrofitted my wiper arms with extra nozzles that I got off a random GM at the junk yard. I tee'd off the main lines and ran them up the arms to the nozzles. I also did the same with the rear arm. The nozzles that I found just clipped onto the arm and I haven't lost one yet even though they've been on there for 6 or 7 years, I think.

Reactions: xavierny25

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
The hood mounted nozzles also work great when someone refuses to open their 1 foot gap from your rear bumper.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
The hood mounted nozzles also work great when someone refuses to open their 1 foot gap from your rear bumper.
Ball Bearings work better LOL!

Both my GMT250 have the arm mounted nozzles on the front, one has a body mounted nozzle on the rear. And I do prefer the arm mounted more than the ones on my GMT360

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher