Hard Wire HID Lights?

Djordan2

Original poster
Feb 5, 2012
Hello Guys I have had some Issues With my Low-beam Headlight Connector Melting inside The Headlight Assembly. I haven't Found a Way to Correct this Issue So here is My Current Solution..
Is it Possible to Hard Wire in HIDs Without Using the Factory Pigtails.. Do they make HIDs Specifically to hard wire to the headlight harness? if So this Should Bypass The Bulb Pigtail and I would not have to Worry
about them Melting?..

Djordan2

Original poster
Feb 5, 2012
Me007gold said:
[ebay]180796198956[/ebay]

you mean something like this?

Will this Completely Bypass The Factory Plug ? Wouldn't Want to risk Melting The HID Plug as well

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
The relay harness he showed you will eliminate your problem. The HIDs will pull the power directly from your battery, and only use one of the stock plugs as an "on/off" switch for the relay harness to know when to activate. So in short, get one, and your headache will go away. :yes:

Djordan2

Original poster
Feb 5, 2012
Blckshdw said:
The relay harness he showed you will eliminate your problem. The HIDs will pull the power directly from your battery, and only use one of the stock plugs as an "on/off" switch for the relay harness to know when to activate. So in short, get one, and your headache will go away. :yes:

I will give this a go.. If it melts again sorry to say The old TB will be hitting the scrap yard!!! ... not really I love it too much but will post back after I give tbis a try!!!!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Djordan2 said:
I will give this a go.. If it melts again sorry to say The old TB will be hitting the scrap yard!!! ... not really I love it too much but will post back after I give tbis a try!!!!

:rotfl: If your headlight pigtails melt with you using a relay harness, I'll buy your TB off you for $500 :wink:

Seriously though, this very discussion and all of the boring science behind it, has been discussed many times on the OS :deadhorse:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online