GTA Area Meet - Anyone interested??

06Envoy

Dec 4, 2011
Found them! I've moved to the last parking lot. Shade has been gone for the past hour, sorry!

CdnGMan

Original poster
Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
'Twas good meeting you Garnet (06Envoy)... finally!
Same with you too Darren (Denali N Doo)...

Too bad more peeps didn't show up... but at least we represented GMTN better than that other site!!! :rotfl:
I felt so bad for Spike.... hopefully he joins up here tho and "sees the light" soon...

So Stef... what's your work schedule like over the next month or two??
Feel like hosting an "Ontario Cottage Country Meet"??? :undecided:

I'm gonna need to switch out / match up those LED strips, complete the install of the LED strips in the footwells AND you need to walk me thru the finer points of detailing the engine... :wink:

Pics of today's meet to follow... :yes:

06Envoy

Dec 4, 2011
It was a good day!
8399-img-20120804-135200.jpg

A good bunch of guys came out!
It was pretty neat to have two Denali's and one tricked out TB out.
I really liked CdnGMan's headlamp LED's.

I also felt bad for Spike, but I liked his truck! I used to own one!

Mental Note: Never ever, ever poke fun at Harmless again when leaving a meet.
I had made fun of him doing 70 in a 100 on the 400 during a snow storm at last spring's meet.

Huh....

Today I was parked on the 400. Parked, not in 'drive', not moving. 0kph. Sigh... :hissyfit:
8400-img-20120804-144753.jpg

I had 'parked' on the 400 several times. The entire last 60kms to Barrie was like this.
Needless to say, I didn't get home in 4 hours...
Karma is a b*tch baby. :redface:

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
06Envoy said:
Only took 4 hours! It's amazing what a pcm4l tune with no speed governer can do!

Well, imma gonna point something out to you my friend... Neither a tune or a nanny will help you here... I've done the Sudbury to Toronto run in much less than 3 hours. Bone stock. 2004 Honda Civic Si.

Sooooo. Yeah... Ummm.. :biggrin:

CdnGMan said:
So Stef... what's your work schedule like over the next month or two??
Feel like hosting an "Ontario Cottage Country Meet"??? :undecided:

I'm gonna need to switch out / match up those LED strips, complete the install of the LED strips in the footwells AND you need to walk me thru the finer points of detailing the engine... :wink:

Imma PM you about that, k?

I'm good for a "Cottage Country Meet", but it's gotta be for FUN only - no making of the Stef WORK. :lipsrsealed:

06Envoy said:
Mental Note: Never ever, ever poke fun at Harmless again when leaving a meet.
I had made fun of him doing 70 in a 100 on the 400 during a snow storm at last spring's meet.

Huh....

Today I was parked on the 400. Parked, not in 'drive', not moving. 0kph. Sigh... :hissyfit:
8400-img-20120804-144753.jpg

I had 'parked' on the 400 several times. The entire last 60kms to Barrie was like this.
Needless to say, I didn't get home in 4 hours...
Karma is a b*tch baby. :redface:

That's what you get for mocking my "safe driving". :raspberry: I go fast when the road and weather conditions permit it. Only stupid people drive fast ALL the time.

Traffic like that is also a great time to learn the side routes and short cuts. :raspberry: They may be scenic, but at least I'm not sittin' there staring at brake lights! :rotfl:

Glad you guys had fun...

But I gotta ask... Where's the pics of the other guy's ride!?!?!

CdnGMan

Original poster
Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
harmless said:
Imma PM you about that, k?

I'm good for a "Cottage Country Meet", but it's gotta be for FUN only - no making of the Stef WORK. :lipsrsealed:

That's fine... I think I can live with that... at least I think I can... :wink:

But I gotta ask... Where's the pics of the other guy's ride!?!?!

You mean the LONE guy from the HOST club??? I took a few shots with his ride in view...

View attachment 22143

GMTN Representin'!!
View attachment 22144

Mine, Denali N Doo (Darren) & 06Envoy (Garnett)
View attachment 22145

Spike's ride... I think he said the truck was a '97... either way, it was in GREAT shape...
View attachment 22146

Another shot of all of us...
View attachment 22147

And true to Ontario Meets, we brought the Oreo's!! Double Stuff even!
View attachment 22148

Took some time to even install a bug deflector that I picked up a while back...
View attachment 22149

I'm thinking that I may end up getting it color-matched tho (as per Stef's recommendation)... what do you guys think?? :undecided:

Attachments

• IMG_1734.jpg
    IMG_1734.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1728.jpg
    IMG_1728.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1730.jpg
    IMG_1730.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1729.jpg
    IMG_1729.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3058.jpg
    IMG_3058.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3056.jpg
    IMG_3056.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3059.jpg
    IMG_3059.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 8

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
CdnGMan said:
I'm thinking that I may end up getting it color-matched tho (as per Stef's recommendation)... what do you guys think?? :undecided:

Color match the bug deflector, and whistler mod your headlights to match too! :yes: :biggrin: :cool:

Sounds like you guys had a great time today! :Lager Louts: :wootwoot:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Blckshdw said:
Color match the bug deflector, and whistler mod your headlights to match too! :yes: :biggrin: :cool:

Sounds like you guys had a great time today! :Lager Louts: :wootwoot:

:iagree: yep color match it and since we KNOW your gonna do the headlights too you should also color match the mirror covers, if the bug deflector paints up good then I would also color match the Vent Visors. Maybe Blckshdw knows if the US light switch like I have with the OFF position would work in your ride by simply installing it?

I'm looking forward to the next meet! As soon as I get passports I'm gonna start to do some US meets, wish I could go to Ohio meet next week!

dave_stumph

Dec 5, 2011
Well I showed up....just a bit late thou. Where'd every one go.. ?? It was only 6:30pm when I got there. I did see a beige envoy in the first partaking lot with a family of 10 getting out of it.

Ahh well..... Next time

CdnGMan

Original poster
Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
You didn't really think that we'd still be there at 6:30 did you?? Did you forget that it started at 10am?

We kept checking the forums on both sites to see if anyone had posted something saying that they were coming, but were going to be late...
I don't recall seeing anything from you indicating as such or we could've saved you the trip...

Next time ok? Of course...

This should be the official motto for our meets... that's all I ever seem to hear... *rant off* :lipsrsealed:

dave_stumph

Dec 5, 2011
I wasn't expecting anyone to still be there @ 6:30 but because my plans of going in the morning got botched .... It was one of those better late then never moments. I figured why not its only 45 mins away..... Plus I thought it showed some dedication :smile:
Wify bought some ice cream from the ice cream truck so she didn't mind the drive either.

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
This day and age, everyone got a cell phone that's internet capable...

When you run into issues, you should post - especially if it's mechanical in nature!

I'm sure the cavalry would be eager to show up and save the day, GMTNation style! :cool:

CdnGMan

Original poster
Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
harmless said:
This day and age, everyone got a cell phone that's internet capable...
Mebbe not internet capable, but I would agree that 98% of people do have a cell phone...

When you run into issues, you should post - especially if it's mechanical in nature!
I agree... at least it provides people with an update as to whether or not to expect you...

I'm sure the cavalry would be eager to show up and save the day, GMTNation style! :cool:
Now that would be a sight... a whole line of GMTNers lined up on the side of the road all looking under someone's hood... :rotfl:

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
CdnGMan said:
Now that would be a sight... a whole line of GMTNers lined up on the side of the road all looking under someone's hood... :rotfl:

Yup. And we'd be getting about as much done as your local city work crew too... :rotfl:

Slide1_39_0.jpg

CdnGMan

Original poster
Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Ouch... that's just mean... they're only union workers ya know...
You can't expect them to work too hard or too fast - they'll put themselves out of a job!! :yes:

Now, have you got a date picked for this Ontario Cottage Country Meet yet??
We need to get it on people's calendars - so they can forget about it or have something else planned for that day!! :rotfl:

I was thinking sometime in late Sept - early October.... just in time for the changing of the leaves... what'cha think? :undecided:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
CdnGMan said:
Ouch... that's just mean... they're only union workers ya know...
You can't expect them to work too hard or too fast - they'll put themselves out of a job!! :yes:

We need to get it on people's calendars - so they can forget about it or have something else planned for that day!! :rotfl:

I was thinking sometime in late Sept - early October.... just in time for the changing of the leaves... what'cha think? :undecided:

I'll be there :thumbsup: ! And I'm one of the 2% without a cell phone :raspberry: !

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Dammit. Does that mean I gotta start on getting this year's mods done? :crazy:

You're like a manager or something, aren't ya. :raspberry:

Ok, lemme see what the schedule looks like and I'll get back to ya. :thumbsup:

CdnGMan

Original poster
Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
harmless said:
Dammit. Does that mean I gotta start on getting this year's mods done? :crazy:
Nope... not need to in the least.. just make sure that Harmless is clean - at least cleaner than Garnett's ride anyway... :raspberry:

You're like a manager or something, aren't ya. :raspberry:
Yeah.. kinda... besides if I leave the planning to you, it'll be sometime in 2014 before you have us up there!! :wink:

Ok, lemme see what the schedule looks like and I'll get back to ya. :thumbsup:
Cool... hopefully we'll be able to take some awesome group shots...

Hey, will that chip truck still be open?? :undecided:

06Envoy

Dec 4, 2011
CdnGMan said:

Ok, I'm in!
It would be nice to get some of the guys from the Ottawa area in as well!

CdnGMan said:
Nope... not need to in the least.. just make sure that Harmless is clean - at least cleaner than Garnett's ride anyway... :raspberry:
Hey!!!! I resemble that remark!
I live on a gravel road and I decided to go at the last minute and the were no car washes in GTA along my route!
I promise to have it half assed clean by the next meet.

CdnGMan said:
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, Newfie putine............ahhhhhhhh.......I hope it's still open!

CdnGMan

Original poster
Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
06Envoy said:
Ok, I'm in!
I wouldn't mind that either, but we'd have to have it someplace in between Stef's and Ottawa... either way, I'm down for the road trip! :wootwoot:

I live on a gravel road and I decided to go at the last minute and the were no car washes in GTA along my route!
And I promise to have a cleaner looking engine... that was simply embarrassing compared to Darren's ride... :frown:

I agree... that food was some goooood eating!! :thumbsup:

06Envoy

Dec 4, 2011
CdnGMan said:
I wouldn't mind that either, but we'd have to have it someplace in between Stef's and Ottawa... either way, I'm down for the road trip! :wootwoot:
How about the bottom of Algonquin Park?
Bancroft?

How about some input from you Ottawa guys eh?

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
CdnGMan said:

Shouldn't be too hard... even on a dirty day, she's still cleaner than your run of the mill ditch pig. :biggrin:

CdnGMan said:
Yeah.. kinda... besides if I leave the planning to you, it'll be sometime in 2014 before you have us up there!! :wink:

I was thinking more like 2016 or something. You know, being a Gov't employee and stuff, I have to initiate a study, take my regular breaks, check with the Union, scrap the project, convince some other manager it's a good idea, make it theirs, have another study, get the work done, go over budget, get investigated for improper personal billing, fire someone, hire someone else.... lord. It might actually be more towards 2031 now that I look at it. :raspberry:

CdnGMan said:
Cool... hopefully we'll be able to take some awesome group shots...

There's always places for group shots!!

CdnGMan said:

Chip truck closes at end of September.

06Envoy said:
Ok, I'm in!

It would be cool to simply have ANYONE other than just US show up. :lipsrsealed:

06Envoy said:

I don't want excuses soldier!! Give me results! I can googlemap you over a DOZEN self-serve car washes between Sudbury and Toronto. Hell, Midland has 3 of them!! There's also a pile of them in Barrie... No excuses!! :tongue: :crazy:

06Envoy said:

It's called a "Loaded Newfie". :yes:

CdnGMan said:

Checking GoogleMaps, there's actually no points of interest between me and Ottawa unless you wanna travel to a provincial park or something. (Ewww!! BUGS!) No matter how you dice it, it'll be a loooong haul for those of us west of Ottawa to get anyplace entertaining. How much of a drive is everyone willing to do? Can anyone afford an overnight thing?

CdnGMan said:
And I promise to have a cleaner looking engine... that was simply embarrassing compared to Darren's ride... :frown:

You telling me I'll actually have someone to try to outshine?!

CdnGMan said:
I agree... that food was some goooood eating!! :thumbsup:

They're open every day until the end of September... You both have mods to have me finish... Come get some!

That Spike character you guys met... has he joined the Dark Side yet? :confused:

CdnGMan

Original poster
Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
harmless said:
I was thinking more like 2016 or something. You know, being a Gov't employee and stuff, I have to initiate a study, take my regular breaks, check with the Union, scrap the project, convince some other manager it's a good idea, make it theirs, have another study, get the work done, go over budget, get investigated for improper personal billing, fire someone, hire someone else.... lord. It might actually be more towards 2031 now that I look at it. :raspberry:
The sad thing is that you NAILED it... that's about the most accurate description of how the civil service works!!! Nicely done!!! :thumbsup:

Chip truck closes at end of September.
Hmmm... so my pick of Sept 29 is looking even better now... :wootwoot:

It would be cool to simply have ANYONE other than just US show up. :lipsrsealed:
Ain't that the truth... there's way too much lip service shown regarding these meets IMO, but that's fodder for another thread... :lipsrsealed:

Is that before or after the Screech kicks in?? :tequila:

Checking GoogleMaps, there's actually no points of interest between me and Ottawa unless you wanna travel to a provincial park or something. (Ewww!! BUGS!) No matter how you dice it, it'll be a loooong haul for those of us west of Ottawa to get anyplace entertaining. How much of a drive is everyone willing to do? Can anyone afford an overnight thing?
Truthfully, the longer the drive, the less likely they are to show up... heck, even people close will most likely bail...
Once you start adding in costs of overnight, the chances lessen even more...
I'm thinking that until we can get some sort of "continued commitment" from people, we should stick to daytrips where we can get the most uptake... just my :twocents:

I dunno... but his engine was pretty damn clean...
Personally I think he trailered it in and only drove it from the closer parking lot to the back where we were... :poke:

You both have mods to have me finish... Come get some!
Yeah, yeah... I'm still waiting for those LED strips to come in... once they done I'll schedule some time to come back up...
I really want those damn strips to match!! :bonk:

That Spike character you guys met... has he joined the Dark Side yet? :confused:
I haven't seen him if he has... I should send him a message on the "premier" site... :rotfl:

06Envoy

Dec 4, 2011
harmless said:
I don't want excuses soldier!! Give me results! I can googlemap you over a DOZEN self-serve car washes between Sudbury and Toronto. Hell, Midland has 3 of them!! There's also a pile of them in Barrie... No excuses!! :tongue: :crazy:
Ewww!!! Self serve???? That sounds like physical labour.....have you seen me? Ya, I'm the short fat guy who's allergic to labour... :biggrin:
Besides, there was no Shell drive thru car washes on the 400, 401 or 403. Honest!

harmless said:
Wait, we talking about the food or my wife? Baaahaaa, I can say that now....she's in Newfyland probably loaded right now!!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

harmless said:
What do you mean 'Ewww!! BUGS!'??? I thought you were from the North?? WTH? Don't tell me that your time spent in 'Cottage Country' has softened you up..... Denali N doo is from the south and his legs look like he been born in the North with all the recent bites from his camping trip. Don't hear him yelling out 'Ewwww BUGS!'......

Anyways, YES I'm in for an overnight anywhere in Ontario. I have no wife and kids to worry about until Sept! Oh wait, what about the dogs...or the chickens....hmmm I 'll have to bribe a neighbor with another case of beer....

harmless said:
Yup, sorry to say but Denali N doo's engine bay was spotless. Cleaner than Harmless... I have no idea how he did it. Must be like what CdnGman says, he trailers it everywhere....

harmless said:
He did send me a friend request on TYF. I'll go over and see about bringing him here.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
06Envoy said:
Ewww!!! Self serve???? That sounds like physical labour.....have you seen me? Ya, I'm the short fat guy who's allergic to labour... :biggrin:
Besides, there was no Shell drive thru car washes on the 400, 401 or 403. Honest!

Wait, we talking about the food or my wife? Baaahaaa, I can say that now....she's in Newfyland probably loaded right now!!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

What do you mean 'Ewww!! BUGS!'??? I thought you were from the North?? WTH? Don't tell me that your time spent in 'Cottage Country' has softened you up..... Denali N doo is from the south and his legs look like he been born in the North with all the recent bites from his camping trip. Don't hear him yelling out 'Ewwww BUGS!'......

Anyways, YES I'm in for an overnight anywhere in Ontario. I have no wife and kids to worry about until Sept! Oh wait, what about the dogs...or the chickens....hmmm I 'll have to bribe a neighbor with another case of beer....

Yup, sorry to say but Denali N doo's engine bay was spotless. Cleaner than Harmless... I have no idea how he did it. Must be like what CdnGman says, he trailers it everywhere....

He did send me a friend request on TYF. I'll go over and see about bringing him here.

Yes I do like to detail and keep it looking good :thumbsup:, I even told in a post how I use tire foam on the wheel wells to keep em black, pictures are much better when they are nice and black. I've decided to do a few mods hopefully before the next meet. The engine will be getting a proper cover, an SS one but with Denali style logo added. That'll hide all the wires n shit and keep the dust off so detailing will be even easier :biggrin:. Then that big ass resonator is going in the trash.....once I find a tip I like. And the Nav unit from an 07 Denali will hopefully be on my doorstep by the end of this week ready to install :wootwoot:. All this adds up fast so hopefully I can afford it all before the meet.

Now if we're talking about a meet in October then I would suggest an Oktoberfest meet to be held sometime during the Oktoberfest Festival here in Kitchener. Massive amounts of Beers :Lager Louts: and shooters :tequila: would mean an overnight event :Zzzz:. Meet and do the GMTNation stuff during the day, cab from hotel to one of 12-14 Festhalls :dance: and cab back to hotel after :puke:. The event would be deemed a success as long as no one has a run in with the local :popo::popo::popo::popo::popo: !

I know alot of people come from the States to our Oktoberfest, maybe some US GMTNation members would want to join in as well. Youtube search "Kitchener Waterloo Oktoberfest" to see more!!!

Thoughts :undecided: ?

Harmless could get a hat like this and some of those Liederhosen pants to get in the spirit of the event.

Attachments

• DSC02394.jpg
    DSC02394.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 7

Spike

Thanks for coming out to the meet!
Had a good time. Your trucks look great too.
If they made them in a 2door i might be intertested in one.
If you guy have a meet i'd come out... Maybe get some guys from my forum there too? LOL!

CdnGMan

Original poster
Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Well it's about damn time you decided to join us Spike!!! :thumbsup:
Thanks for "hosting" us this weekend - we'll have to return the favor in the near future... :yes:

As for our next meet, I'm liking Sept 29 up in the Midland area...
The leaves should be starting to change & the infamous chip truck will be getting ready to close for the winter... :rotfl:

We're just waiting on Stef (Harmless) to make up his as to which excuse he plans on using as to why he can't make it... :raspberry:

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Holly WOW! Imma have to bubblewrap myself from all this abusive love! :dielaugh:

Garnet, on Bayfield, there's a minimum of three gas stations that have a car wash - and that's just one street in Barrie... Being a short, fat guy myself and seeing the damage them car washes can do, I can assure you that I much prefer to wash harmless manually.

Sounds like I'm going to have to step it up a notch or two thanks to Mr. Doo. Like that was even possible... :eek:

Yes. "EWW BUGS!" I hate bugs. They love me and my maple syrup like tasting blood. I also hate having to wash them suicidal little pricks off my truck. Northener, yes, tolerant of bugs, never. If I ever find myself a location that doesn't have any of them nasty little critters I may just move there. For the moment, shipping harmless to the moon is a little out of my financial reach. :rotfl:

Greg, I think this year's momentus excuse will be something as follows:

"EWWW!!! Falling leaves!!! Harmless must stay in the garage!!"

06Envoy

Dec 4, 2011
Spike said:
Thanks for coming out to the meet!
Had a good time. Your trucks look great too.
If they made them in a 2door i might be intertested in one.
If you guy have a meet i'd come out... Maybe get some guys from my forum there too? LOL!

Good to see that you made it over here!
Not to poke fun at 'your forum', but as you can see our guys actually go to meets!!! :raspberry:

Your truck is in great shape. Natch, 'AWESOMELY Great shape'.
Looking at yours and checking it out pulled at my old heart strings for the olden days when I owned one.
If or when your ever ready to do some mods under the hood, just let me know. I had done quite a bit under there on mine, I can tell you from experience what works and what was a waste of $$$.

I'd be proud to have a truck like yours in my driveway! :cool:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online