Groaning noise and pulling

tyler

Original poster
Aug 25, 2017
Boston
Hello everyone,
so a month back my ex went up on a big curb and put a foot sized gash in my tire ( front right), so I had to replace the tire. Since then I have a moaning kind of grinding noise coming somewhere from the front suspension. I just replaced my upper ball joint on my front left. Since I fixed my ball joint, the noise is getting louder and more frequent, also the car is trying to pull left and right when the noise is present.

Does anyone have any idea what suspension part it could be? Does it have to be a suspension part from the front right side since that's where the tire went up on the curb? Maybe a bent axle or something?
I don't even feel like I should be driving it lol

Thanks!

Last edited:

christo829

Dec 7, 2011
Fairfax, Virginia
Does the moaning/grinding change pitch when you turn left or right? Could be the hub/bearing assembly. Could even be the steering rack. When mine started dying, it would groan on turns, especially at low speed. Could also be a damaged CV joint, for that matter, though those tend to make a sort of "marbles in a can" sound when they're giving out. You're going to have to
jack it up and do some more checking to try to eliminate possibilities. Any leaks from the front differential? While I wouldn't expect that to affect steering, if it's low on fluid that might get noisy.

Oh...and how are the tie rods? If one of them got damaged, it might be affecting the tire tracking, which could also make the truck pull, and increase tread noise on the off alignment tire.

Good Luck!

Chris

tyler

Original poster
Aug 25, 2017
Boston
Yes it does change pitch when turning at low speeds, mostly at slow speeds too. I just read your post and drove home from work and really tried listening a lot better and careful to it. It is a moaning and grinding noise as well. It's weird in a way it kind of slows down the vechile, like it's hugging or something. Doesn't sound like marble in cans though. When it makes the noise that's when I know the trailblazer is going to give that hugging feeling, like something is squeezing the tires. Sounds like it's coming from both sides as well.

tyler

Original poster
Aug 25, 2017
Boston
My cv axle is probably bad to, I do hear marbles in a can sometimes..I need to do my research and get the jack under there, thanks for the reply!

tyler

Original poster
Aug 25, 2017
Boston
Replaced the front right hub and assembly for no reason. Honestly it's the sounds of the brake plates going to but it up on my of lift tomorrow and bend back all brake plates especially the front ones where the noise is coming from.

Thanks everyone!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online

No members online now.