Grille Guard Getting Rusty

Plunk

Original poster
Mar 28, 2012
I have a grille guard on the TB and it is getting quite a few rust spots for whatever reason. I am planning on taking it off and cleaning all of the rust off. What I need is some suggestions on what to cover them back up with. Thanks for the help.

By the way, I used to be a regular reader of trailvoy but haven't for the last few years. Things have changed...

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
Plunk said:
I have a grille guard on the TB and it is getting quite a few rust spots for whatever reason. I am planning on taking it off and cleaning all of the rust off. What I need is some suggestions on what to cover them back up with. Thanks for the help.

By the way, I used to be a regular reader of trailvoy but haven't for the last few years. Things have changed...

yes things have changed ......... i personally would just go with trusty rustoleum

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Black_tb said:
i personally would just go with trusty rustoleum

That's what I did with my Wombar (TM). I actually used a wire wheel to take off all the paint, 2 coats of etch primer, followed by 2 or 3 coats of flat black. So far, so good.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
POR15 may be good for you up in SD

drkhead

Jun 26, 2012
Plunk said:

I'm in the same boat... except mine's just starting to bubble. One more winter to go and that thing will burst open I'm sure of it!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online