Greetings

Shaw520

Original poster
Sep 20, 2017
Northeast
New to GMNT,...Just purchased a 03 Envoy Denali with 180k on the clicker,..price was right,..truck seemed tight,... so I drove it all night! LOL Hello to all,..opinions, suggestions,and advise all very welcome.

I have my first question,...someone on Trailvoy mentioned that they disabled their DOD on the Denali,...what is DOD.....ps I started over there because I also have a 05 TB with 140k,... I got the secret handshake about this place....

Last edited by a moderator:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Welcome! No secret handshake. All are welcome.

DOD (aka AFM), Displacement on Demand (Active fuel management) are only on V8's after 2005. It deactivates half the cylinders under light load. It is a failure prone system and most deactivate or completely remove it.

Suggestions? Just peruse through the myriad of threads on here for mods. Lots to get you going on here :biggrin:

Shaw520

Original poster
Sep 20, 2017
Northeast
Thank You Mooseman,.. yes, been peruse'n all night,...lots to learn.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
tiphat.gif
tiphat.gif
Welcome
tiphat.gif

In case you haven't heard:
http://gmtnation.com...eres-the-story/

Reactions: Shaw520

Shaw520

Original poster
Sep 20, 2017
Northeast
Danali is def a bit more refined,..more bells and whistles obviously, slightly more quiet going down the road, but the tb is certainly not noisy,.. Is the Denali worth the extra coin?? .. I personally dont think so,..but if your the type that must have the very best,..its all there.
Wooluf, that was an infomative read,... I would have know, similar scenerios happening all over with site being bought out for adversment. The free web will soon be the dumping ground of all failed TV...already is.
Thank you all for the kind welcomes, glad to be part of a decent community.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Welcome to the fray

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnnnyj

Members Online