Greetings & Salutations Brothers Of The Wrench

Original poster
May 5, 2022
Georgia
Gentlemen!!!

I cannot thank you enough for sharing the transcription of your due diligence in this forum!!! I have spent many hours reviewing a small sum of the fantastic body of work contained and retained here, and I am *astounded* at the comprehensively extensive compilation of experience that represents so many hours of effort and exertion. Thanks everyone for taking the time to share such pivotal and profoundly beneficial data!!!

I'm an Ironworker by apprenticeship with the International Union Brotherhood and I've been traveling the nation with my 2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer LT Road Dog with the 4.2L LL8 i6 for the larger portion of the last 11 years. My skill set is somewhat of a mutated amalgamation of a number of focal points, from computer system building to wildcat/onsite tool machining/tempering to stick/mig/tig welding to a number of other aspects of heavy fabrication and joinery, as I'm sure many of the esteemed members of this community are as well.

Directly relating to my automotive experience and my time spent with the GMT 360 platform, I don't know how many hundreds of hours I've invested in maintenance and upkeep, and the education that has been resultant has certainly been a treasure. As a derivative aside, I've also spent a relatively small amount of time with the GMC G-Series platform, and a comparatively larger amount with the Ford T1 platform. The G-Series platform interaction was to "WIN" a superimposed 1968 302 cu in (4.9 L) Z28 V8 that had been stuffed into a 1986 GMC Rally STX. The Ford T1 time frame experience was directly relative to a Ford Expedition that lost it's marbles and rods somewhere near the end of 2009.

Circling back to the Trailblazing journey, since discovering the cast iron exhaust manifold had cracked somewhere in the neighborhood of 2015/2016, a different saga emerged for the course of what was an absolutely ironclad engine based on my attempt to remove and tig weld the cast iron manifold back into solvency, which I'll be noting and describing in my future posts.

I *Must* emphasize again,
I am honored to be a part of this community of fantastic dissertation and dialogue.
May we all find our own highest inner TDC's!!!
Respectfully,

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Hey, welcome brother! Post up a couple of pics of your TB. We're the visual type :biggrin:

Original poster
May 5, 2022
Georgia
Hey, welcome brother! Post up a couple of pics of your TB. We're the visual type :biggrin:
You Got It Brother!!!! :biggrin: An Honor To Have Your Welcome!!! Cheers and *MASSIVE* Thanks be Thee!!! I've been exhaustively reviewing the 4.2L / Isuzu Ascender Service Manual(s) - primarily "Engine Mechanical" over the course of the last few weeks ^Thanks To YOU^!!!! :biggrin: SUPER Massive Gratitude for that *CLINCH* Hookup Brother!!!

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Welcome to GMT Nation, Brother...

Nothing Will EVER Defeat...The Enthusiastic Man who can Sustain the Mechanical Life of his Beloved Trailblazer (Envoy, Isuzu, Rainier)... :>)

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
And don't forget to check out the FAQ. Lots of info there. Link is in my signature.

• Love
Reactions: 808

Original poster
May 5, 2022
Georgia
Green things and salad dressings to you too! 🥗
Bahahaha Thanks A Bunch!!!! lol
Welcome to the Nation! Great intro! Can't wait to see your rig
Thanks!!! I really appreciate that kind compliment!! Here's a tad o' that raw road dog :wink:
Welcome to GMT Nation, Brother...

Nothing Will EVER Defeat...The Enthusiastic Man who can Sustain the Mechanical Life of his Beloved Trailblazer (Envoy, Isuzu, Rainier)... :>)
DUDE!!!! Mr. RSM!? Am I "typing" that correctly?? I've wondered that a bunch while reading your commentary&dissertation :biggrin: THANKS BE THEE!!! *Thank You For That Encouragement* Dude, that $$$85,000,000.00 Rebuild!!!! LOL Oh man, talk about Sisyphean!!!!!! Reminds me of knitting up a leather mitten in 2007 with a broken hand for my broken fingers to survive hot work while taped together on a hot work project lolololol!!!! But you were gettin' it with a SPINAL :v HUGE hats off to that epic, you *definitely* took the cake on "SAGA"!!! & An Honor To Have Your Welcome As Well!!! Awesome Quote too!!! lololol >:biggrin:
And don't forget to check out the FAQ. Lots of info there. Link is in my signature.
I will do! I have not as of yet, but I'll make that happen before I bring my first post outta the oven! :wink: Here's a shot o' the dog missing a passenger side tooth as requested - This was during a de-patina Bar Keeper's Friend & isopropyl wet sanding extravaganza post crushed glass blasting earlier this year.

Attachments

• 20220216_142247.jpeg
    20220216_142247.jpeg
    455.3 KB · Views: 8

Original poster
May 5, 2022
Georgia
Brothers, I'd like to invite you all to take a peek :biggrin: lololol :biggrin:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Welcome to the fray!

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
Now that the intro's and backslapping are done, exactly what codes were showing????? Or multiple codes?
Ditto to "Welcome to the fray". :yes:

• Haha

Original poster
May 5, 2022
Georgia
Now that the intro's and backslapping are done, exactly what codes were showing????? Or multiple codes?
Ditto to "Welcome to the fray". :yes:
:biggrin: lololol :biggrin: Thanks Be Ye Brother Redbeard!!!
I appreciate your inquiry & Oh we're alllll the way down the line presently lololol :biggrin:
I've been elbows deep all day synthesizing a notebook write up / ordering parts back and forth between @mrrsm 's rundown on : https://gmtnation.com/forums/threads/let-the-fun-begin-pulled-the-head-on-my-4-2l.16715/page-2 & Master Blaster @Mooseman 's rundown on : https://gmtnation.com/forums/threads/how-to-replace-i6-timing-chain-and-tensioner.12240/ & The "2008 Engine Mechanical - 4.2L" from Master Blaster's treasure trove.

I started a post that I linked above that begins to bring a great deal of appropriate collation into focus from this *SPRAWLING* saga that's brought so many fantastic points of discovery and experience. Since May, I would say that I've taken at *LEAST* 1,000 photos of *this* engine to this date, with a few videos interspersed throughout. I'll be covering that in my "TOME"(certainly not with an attached 1,000 photos) lolololol :biggrin: I just ran across this screenshot that seemed appropriate for our meeting.
:biggrin: CHEERS :biggrin:

Attachments

• 2022-07-15_18.49.11.png
    2022-07-15_18.49.11.png
    876.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Love
Reactions: Redbeard

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher