Greetings from Indiana!

roadmaven

Original poster
Jul 25, 2012
Three weeks ago we picked up a well cared for 2004 Envoy XUV 5.3L in Frankfort, IN. We got it to replace our '97 Sierra as the tow vehicle for our 16' Serro Scotty:
View attachment 22012

It's got 110K on the clock and runs great! Within the past few days I've had a trailer brake controller and a transmission cooler installed. We decided to go with an Envoy once I found out the tow capacity these things have, plus the fact we'd have to take two vehicles to the campground, since our grandson's car seat wouldn't fit in the back seat of the Sierra (extended cab). I'll lose some cargo space for sure, but I figure half the camping gear I kept in the bed of the Sierra never got used at the campground anyway. I'm looking forward to hitching it up in two weeks for its maiden tow voyage 375 miles over to Pennsylvania to a small trailer camping rally.

I'm an avid RVer, and we hope to be able to retire in our mid 50's 10-12 years and hit the road full-time RVing. I write a blog covering small travel trailers, for those of you with a similiar interest: http://smalltrailerenthusiast.com

Attachments

• IMG_1455.jpg
    IMG_1455.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 5

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Welcome!! You got one of the rare envoys lol

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Hiya, Welcome to the Nation from another Hoosier.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Welcome to our community, lots of information and fun here! Nice trailer! Last year when I was coming back from holidays I passed a convoy of old "Boler" campers, must have been 10 or 12 of em and you could tell they were in a club or going to a meet, they all looked brand new!

Enjoy your time here :thumbsup: ...

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
welcome :tiphat:

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
welcome!! from ky

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Welcome! Sounds like a interesting hobby.

roadmaven

Original poster
Jul 25, 2012
Thanks all for the welcome! Wow, I posted a similar note on "the other forum" right after we got our Envoy earlier this month and got zero replies. Guess I know which forum I'll been cruising. :thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.