GP Thunder Bulbs?

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
With that dark blue tint on the bulb, I wouldn't bother. The tint cuts the light output WAY down. Been there, done that with my wife's Nitro. For the same $13 I would get these (you get lows and highs for your $13 :cool:) (I have them). They look white, no blue. I got them from the same seller over a year ago.

[EBAY]280904461831[/EBAY]

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
55w max for fogs and that could be too also, for fogs no more then 35 I think and that can be too much also. Our halogen stock bulbs in the fogs are in the 20's and those aren't bad so just be careful with the fogs! Why don't you get HID's for the fog lights (4300k or 5k so you dont get harassed for blue here in MI) and then what short bus has up for you. You can turn on and off with the fogs lights whenever you want the extra light and not get hit for it at night you know (since you have the lows on), Because I am sure you just dont want to get in trouble for HIDs which I don't think you will

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Short Bus said:
With that dark blue tint on the bulb, I wouldn't bother. The tint cuts the light output WAY down. Been there, done that with my wife's Nitro. For the same $13 I would get these (you get lows and highs for your $13 :cool:) (I have them). They look white, no blue. I got them from the same seller over a year ago.

How bright are they? I'm just not ready for HIDs yet.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Cable810 said:

They're brighter than my wife's Silverstars (she has the originals)

Canadian Mike

Dec 3, 2011
Cable810 said:

When you're ready, you'll be impressed.

Short Bus said:
For the same $13 I would get these (you get lows and highs for your $13 :cool:) (I have them). They look white, no blue. I got them from the same seller over a year ago.

Short Bus said:
They're brighter than my wife's Silverstars (she has the originals)

I'm using Silverstar Ultra's for the high beams. Would they, the Hella's, be brighter? I rarely use the highs now with my HID's in the lows & fogs.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Canadian Mike said:
I'm using Silverstar Ultra's for the high beams. Would they, the Hella's, be brighter? I rarely use the highs now with my HID's in the lows & fogs.

IDK, but I would guess they're about the same. For brighter highs without going HID I would try these and a relay harness

[EBAY]160780530103[/EBAY] [EBAY]320925727405[/EBAY]

And here's a thread discussing them.

http://gmtnation.com/f34/philips-rally-hi-beams-3750/

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online