Gotta replace Valve Cover Gasket

rfunk5201

Original poster
Mar 29, 2021
Connersville, IN
I'm trying to replace the Valve Cover Gasket on my Trailblazer. Problem is, in still somewhat new to mechanics and I don't know how to or where to discharge the AC system At. If someone can give some pointers, that'd be much appreciated.

Dec 5, 2011
Central Pennsylvania
You can pull the crossover tube toward the front of the engine without breaking any seals loose in the AC circuit. I just did mine last year.

Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yep, done it myself quite a few times and no need to empty the system. Just unbolt the holding points and pull that tube forward.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
A bungee cord holding the crossover tube up from the hood makes things easier.

Also, we see this quite a bit here, and just trying to save you a possible headache. If you don't have one already, get yourself an inch-pound torque wrench. Those little bolts only take 89 inch-pounds and the intake manifold bolts are more prone to breaking. Replace the intake manifold gasket while you're doing this.

Using the torque wrench will also help guarantee a more secure seal on the gasket.

You will find this job easier to loosen the fuel pressure regulator, just pull the relay first and crank the engine to relieve the pressure.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online