Got any pics of the lifted with 20's?

03envoy

Original poster
Dec 25, 2011
Well, I want the sporty look... But, What I need the truck isnt going to allow me to do that. I had plans to drop the suspension to an SS stance, but that wont get me far in 20" or more snow. I am thinking marks old style lift with some 20's in the summer and Stockers in the winter.... Any thoughts? Would a lift look bad with 20's? lol

In the summer this will be a mall cruiser BTW hahaha.
The winter she will come out a beast.... lol

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
03envoy said:
Well, I want the sporty look... But, What I need the truck isnt going to allow me to do that. I had plans to drop the suspension to an SS stance, but that wont get me far in 20" or more snow. I am thinking marks old style lift with some 20's in the summer and Stockers in the winter.... Any thoughts? Would a lift look bad with 20's? lol

In the summer this will be a mall cruiser BTW hahaha.
The winter she will come out a beast.... lol

Why don't you consider just leveling out the ass end(bring it up to the level of the front) leave it stock height and add the 20's?

Then you wouldn't need to worry about 20's looking stupid on a lifted truck? Plus, I lived in Oakland County MI for 10+ years and have NEVER heard of 20" of snow except for in the Upper Peninsula. Plus for snow usage I don't know how good a lifted truck would be?

03envoy

Original poster
Dec 25, 2011
Voymom said:
Why don't you consider just leveling out the ass end(bring it up to the level of the front) leave it stock height and add the 20's?

Then you wouldn't need to worry about 20's looking stupid on a lifted truck? Plus, I lived in Oakland County MI for 10+ years and have NEVER heard of 20" of snow except for in the Upper Peninsula. Plus for snow usage I don't know how good a lifted truck would be?

I go snowmobiling in Gaylord and Paradise,Mi. Dont you mean level the front with the rear? I dont like that especially when I am towing. If I plan to lift it would be 2.5" in front and 2" in the back. I probably will just leave it stock because I only got stuck 2 times, But I think that was the running boards. The lift would bring the frame a little heigher off the ground and would allow me to be in deeper snow.... If you dont think we got 20" in Gaylord I got a thread that shows some pictures:

http://gmtnation.com/f60/weekend-lift-would-have-came-handy-2256/

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
03envoy said:
I go snowmobiling in Gaylord and Paradise,Mi. Dont you mean level the front with the rear? I dont like that especially when I am towing. If I plan to lift it would be 2.5" in front and 2" in the back. I probably will just leave it stock because I only got stuck 2 times, But I think that was the running boards. The lift would bring the frame a little heigher off the ground and would allow me to be in deeper snow.... If you dont think we got 20" in Gaylord I got a thread that shows some pictures:

http://gmtnation.com/f60/weekend-lift-would-have-came-handy-2256/

WOW!! Impressive for sure! I know my dad who is still in Oakland county said he got diddly squat this year, but it was a crummy winter for everyone I think. On my Envoy we measured both the front and rear and my rear was slightly higher than the front, which is I guess why I said it backwards lol. Plus the lift your going with wouldn't be to bad I wouldn't think, even with 20's. I thought when you said lift, you were talking like lift like Regulators or some others around here.

I did some digging for pictures on google to see if I could find anything for you, but not having much luck :frown:

03envoy

Original poster
Dec 25, 2011
Voymom said:
WOW!! Impressive for sure! I know my dad who is still in Oakland county said he got diddly squat this year, but it was a crummy winter for everyone I think. On my Envoy we measured both the front and rear and my rear was slightly higher than the front, which is I guess why I said it backwards lol. Plus the lift your going with wouldn't be to bad I wouldn't think, even with 20's. I thought when you said lift, you were talking like lift like Regulators or some others around here.

I did some digging for pictures on google to see if I could find anything for you, but not having much luck :frown:

Thanks, But If I was to do that, I wouldnt be getting the 10mpgs I get going 70 up there I would need a portable gas station! lmao thats way out of my budget. But I doubt I will lift as long as I keep my foot on the right pedal I shouldnt get stuck lmao:biggrin:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
03envoy said:
Thanks, But If I was to do that, I wouldnt be getting the 10mpgs I get going 70 up there I would need a portable gas station! lmao thats way out of my budget. But I doubt I will lift as long as I keep my foot on the right pedal I shouldnt get stuck lmao:biggrin:

I got stuck in an alley full of snow in a Toyota Camry 4 cyl I just laid on the gas until I smelled rubber burning, then got the jug of bleach out to melt everything and was out in 3 minutes. I was secretly trying to blow something in the damned car, hated that thing lol

woody79

Dec 3, 2011
Voymom said:
I got stuck in an alley full of snow in a Toyota Camry 4 cyl I just laid on the gas until I smelled rubber burning, then got the jug of bleach out to melt everything and was out in 3 minutes. I was secretly trying to blow something in the damned car, hated that thing lol

Note to self ... do not let Voymom drive my truck :crazy: only j/k :rotfl::rotfl:

jham

Nov 20, 2011
Level the front get some air bags that go inside the rear coil for when you tow I think Roadie ran the air bag helpers in the rear

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Yep. Airlift1000 bags. Many of us use them.

03envoy

Original poster
Dec 25, 2011
That sounds good! Lol

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
I have a readylift kit on mine with the SS 20's with Cooper Zeon LTZ 285/50/20. They are the biggest low profile 20's i could fit in the wheel well and i love the look of it. I can post a picture when i get off work today.

03envoy

Original poster
Dec 25, 2011
FlyingFischer said:
I have a readylift kit on mine with the SS 20's with Cooper Zeon LTZ 285/50/20. They are the biggest low profile 20's i could fit in the wheel well and i love the look of it. I can post a picture when i get off work today.

Cant wait to see this... lol I bet its goin to look beast!

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
For me personally the stance of our rides looks weird. Not sure why GM put the tires so far inside the wheel wells.:confused:

So for me getting new rims and wheels was a must(took me a while though).

For my TB I have the ReadyLift level kit which I believe is a 2.5" in the front and only 1" in the rear, 1.3" wheel spacers, Stock SS rims, and Cooper Zeon LTZ 285/50/20(Most aggressive looking low profile AT tires I could find).

Attachments

• 2012-04-07_18-33-44_735.jpg
    2012-04-07_18-33-44_735.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 2012-04-07_18-33-57_949.jpg
    2012-04-07_18-33-57_949.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 58

03envoy

Original poster
Dec 25, 2011
FlyingFischer said:
For me personally the stance of our rides looks weird. Not sure why GM put the tires so far inside the wheel wells.:confused:

So for me getting new rims and wheels was a must(took me a while though).

For my TB I have the ReadyLift level kit which I believe is a 2.5" in the front and only 1" in the rear, 1.3" wheel spacers, Stock SS rims, and Cooper Zeon LTZ 285/50/20(Most aggressive looking low profile AT tires I could find).

Damn! That's sexy lol

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
HAHA that's what I say under my breath every time I go to drive. :rotfl: Sometimes I stand back and say it softly out loud.

03envoy

Original poster
Dec 25, 2011
FlyingFischer said:
HAHA that's what I say under my breath every time I go to drive. :rotfl: Sometimes I stand back and say it softly out loud.

:rotfl:

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
We're gonna get booted from the off-road thread! But I'm not afraid of off-road - just nothing crazy like most of the people in this section.

Attachments

• IMG_2912 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2912 (Small).JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 28

t3mp816

Mar 31, 2012
kinda crappy pics but my sig shows my set up. the last two trucks posted are clean!!!

Attachments

• trailblazerp.jpg
    trailblazerp.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 40
  • trailblazerd.jpg
    trailblazerd.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 38

wootown22

Dec 4, 2011
personally i really like flyingfischers setup. I think something similar to his would be what you are looking for; 20s, aggressive tires, so you could still get around. looked sick too. i usually dont like 20s on the blazers (obviously partial to the lifted ones :crazy:) but when he rolled up at our meet I was like :thumbsup::thumbsup:

t3mp816

Mar 31, 2012

Attachments

• trailblazerdgrass.jpg
    trailblazerdgrass.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 33

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
20x9.5 ATX wheels w 325 60 20 Toyo Open Country AT

chrome3.jpg

chrome2.jpg

3256020.jpg

03envoy

Original poster
Dec 25, 2011
Lmao. Those dont ever look like 20's! Your truck makes them look like 17's! They look great!:biggrin:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Old Pics. 20s with big offroad-ish tires are way too heavy. I think that setup was 130-140 lbs vs under 100 for my same height mud tires on 17s. I did not like it at all, but wanted to test fit a 35 inch tire since no one really had then.

t3mp816

Mar 31, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:
20x9.5 ATX wheels w 325 60 20 Toyo Open Country AT

chrome3.jpg

chrome2.jpg

3256020.jpg

your truck is sick man! Ive been seeing some of your post i gotta get a steel bumper!!!

t3mp816

Mar 31, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:
Old Pics. 20s with big offroad-ish tires are way too heavy. I think that setup was 130-140 lbs vs under 100 for my same height mud tires on 17s. I did not like it at all, but wanted to test fit a 35 inch tire since no one really had then.

your not lying about the weight. It kills my low end for sure there was a very noticeable change. how are the 35's?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
t3mp816 said:
your not lying about the weight. It kills my low end for sure there was a very noticeable change. how are the 35's?

I did the SS upgrade to 4.10 gearing right before the 35's so I did not see much difference. With my power upgrades it seems to work pretty well. I would drop the gears a bit lower if it was cost-effective, but it works for me.

t3mp816

Mar 31, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:
I did the SS upgrade to 4.10 gearing right before the 35's so I did not see much difference. With my power upgrades it seems to work pretty well. I would drop the gears a bit lower if it was cost-effective, but it works for me.

i read your write up on it. now to just find a salvage SS.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
FlyingFischer said:

He's not kidding, I usually roll my eyes then look at my SS and say "whites the better color and mine's faster!" But Craig's got a few other things that are pretty cool (bedlinered interior trim looks good :yes:) and that sub is insane! :eek:

I wasnt sold on the idea at first when Craig told me he was getting some grey SS rims of eBay and putting a big A/T on them. But, Ill admit, he converted me on the lift stuff...shhhh! Cant justify doing it to the 02 as my brother'd probably wreck it or curb 'em (should see the rims on his Jetta, all 4 beat to he||).

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
I had never seen a lifted with 20's (didn't notice Hardtrailz) but they do look pretty sharp. For the average person who doesn't need to air down they should work fine and look good doing it. The offroaders won't give you too much grief for running 20s here, only on the other board :smile:

Blacktrails

Dec 8, 2011
You guys are my heros. I have been looking into the 20 inch SS rims with zeons for a while now. I just could never find a pic of it installed. Plus the Army doesnt like to pay to well so the combo is out of the question right now :frown:

v7guy

Dec 4, 2011
I'm surprised this didn't get booted to the lifted section. 20s and offroad, who are we kidding.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
v7guy said:
I'm surprised this didn't get booted to the lifted section. 20s and offroad, who are we kidding.

My 36s n 20s had more sidewall than most setups in this section

v7guy

Dec 4, 2011
Leave it to Mr Bling Bling offroader to come to their defense :raspberry:

I'd be lyin if I said it didn't look pretty damn good.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Chrome gets me home...and looks better than ghetto spray bomb wheels.

But really you want a wheel no more than 1/2 the diameter of your tire, but most here dont run tires big enough to accomplish that.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online