Gorgeous English Lessons...

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
How Come NONE of my English Teachers ...EVER... looked like....HER I would have been a Straight "A" Student!

I expect these two Youtube videos will “...Get The Bounce...” due to the British Advert that is mentioned briefly… But Mods… Please… Treat yourselves to watching this absolutely Sumptuous, Gorgeous and Intelligent Young Woman trying to Teach Us All The King's English... before you ‘Pull The Pin ...On The Post':

Last edited:

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Hmm...I did watch the first vid...and was going to just move on...but then I saw it had two 'likes', so I figured I'd be justified to post a response...and note that I'm 'attacking' the content, not the OP :grouphug:

While I always appreciate the oppo to learn something new each day...I can't say that I did, here...and, personally, I'm more disposed to English women with dark red hair and milky white skin. Or, in this instance, Hilary Farr (HGTV). I'd walk over hot coals to hear that woman's RP in person (Received Pronunciation; the 'official standard' of England, if you will.) But I digress :wink:

Back to the video...of the twenty words, there weren't any that I myself was 'wrong' on, especially if you take into account our Americanized versions (just a couple of words, and the differences are subtle.) Add to that the fact that there wasn't much in the way of using the words in context -- so it just became a laundry list, of sorts.

But I suppose what annoyed me enough to finally take the time to post a response here was the additional ignominy of seeing 30% of the video be an advert for the woman's employer (~2min front; 1min at end - and I didn't watch the end; just looked at the remaining time)

So...for me...it failed on the 'learning' aspect... *and* on the 'eye candy' one, I'm afraid. And there are those who'll say that it took me more time to write this response than I 'wasted' on the video...or that I've definitely hit my 'stay off my lawn' phase of life. LOL (they might be correct in saying both, I suppose!) Again, not casting a disparaging word toward the OP; just civilly saying that it 'didn't trip my trigger' (because we can do that, here!) :rotfl:

I'll close here, get a hot breakfast in my belly, and get back out to the garage to swap the rear wheels off the new Sierra before the first snows of the next week arrive this afternoon (doing so involves moving three other vehicles, so it becomes a bit of a project moving / repositioning them).

I know... 'first world problems'... ::wry grin:: At least I *have* a garage ('GEHR-aahj', in RP) :smile:

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Try hitting the "Mute" (NOT Moot) Button ... She teaches Lip Reading English just as well. Besides that... I doubt that there is anyone here that would "Kick Her Out of Be.. Ughh Errr, I mean 'CLASS' ...for Eating Crackers'... :>)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.