Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs

SteelCityFan

Original poster
Jan 2, 2012
Anyone had experience with these tires? link
I need new tires before the snow really hits heavy here and they have great reviews for winter and also for dry traction, and i was going to get them in 245/75/16 which should fit with no modifications.

bore_pig

Nov 25, 2011
I really like mine. Word of warning though: These tires must be rotated religiously, every 5000mi. Anything more and they start to cup and get extra noisy.:thumbsup:

SteelCityFan

Original poster
Jan 2, 2012
alright thanks for the tip, i recently got stuck going up a hill that had fresh snow with ice underneath, would have made it if the guy wasnt going 5 mph at the top :hissyfit:...My dad replaced the tires on the car right before he gave it to me with OE tires which arent good at all. Thanks for the Feedback!

High Voltage

Nov 18, 2011
Great tires!! I had them in the 265's and now in 315.
Don't have the cupping uses with the 315's but did with the 265's

SteelCityFan

Original poster
Jan 2, 2012
265's you just need wheel spacers correct? and how big of a wheel spacer? I might stick it through the winter and use my money from my graduation this year!!

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
SteelCityFan said:
265's you just need wheel spacers correct? and how big of a wheel spacer? I might stick it through the winter and use my money from my graduation this year!!

265/70R16 will work without spacers

SteelCityFan

Original poster
Jan 2, 2012
Hmmm interesting, I think I know what ill be getting in a couple months for graduation lol, thanks for all the feedback on the tires guys!

SteelCityFan

Original poster
Jan 2, 2012
They don't come i'm that size so I'm going you stick with the 245/75/16

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I love the duratracs and keep trying to figure out how to get them cheap enough in my size. They jump a ton in price when you get to the 315-70-17.

Know several guys that run these and swear by them. The only issue as mentioned seems to be cupping, but that is most Crapyear tires. At least they aren't as terrible as mtr's.

bore_pig

Nov 25, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
The only issue as mentioned seems to be cupping, but that is most Crapyear tires.

Isn't that the truth. Ten years ago I vowed to never buy another Goodyear truck tire because of the way they wear. I gave in when I saw the Duratrac. Glad I did! Too bad I won't be able to get them next time.:frown:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Anyone wheeled these hard? The two ply sidewall scares me.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online