Goodyear Fortera HL?

ElAviator72

Original poster
Jan 11, 2012
Just wondering how good they are, bought a set of 4 today for cheap from the local tire shop. I wasn't expecting to buy tires today, until I got the price from the guys...and the Fortera's wouldn't have been my #1 choice from Goodyear (I was seriously considering the Wrangler Silent Armor, especially since Goodyear has an $80 rebate on them).

It is definitely a highway/all season tread. But where else are you going to get a Goodyear tire with a 60,000 mile treadwear warranty for $165/tire? :wink: The per-tire weight capacity is about as good as it gets for not having an LT rating (2090 pounds per tire, as I recall...).

The tread looks to be roughly equivalent of the Michelin Cross-terrain factory tires, hopefully we will get better tread wear (and weather checking resistance!) than we did from the factory tires.

Very quiet driving around town, of course anything is quieter than our Nokian Nordman SUV studded snow tires we had on it before :thumbsup:

Don37725

Dec 8, 2011
Got mine in Oct for $133 mounted and balanced - paid Tirebuyer dot com $482 delivered in 24 hrs to my door and $50 for mount and balance and valve stems - very happy with them - took a trip from Tn to Fla and back in Nov - 1400 miles round trip with a smooth ride and no noise - only been 5 months but still happy with them.

Goodyear - Fortera HL Size: P245/65R17/SL 4 $109.53 $438.12
Subtotal $438.12
Shipping $.00
Tax $44.53
Total $482.65

ElAviator72

Original poster
Jan 11, 2012
Let me just say, I'm very thoroughly impressed with the wet traction these tires have. I drove through some very heavy rains with them (we had some record setting rains last weekend here in Oregon, and I was on the coast on vacation driving through them). I was able to safely maintain 55 MPH in conditions where the old Michelin Cross-Terrains would have been hydroplaning :wootwoot:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Thats what's on my Envoy, LOVE THEM!!!! Very quiet, smooth and does very good in wet weather. They also hold up pretty well on the back roads, potholes and all.

MacMan

Mar 3, 2012
ElAviator72 said:
.....But where else are you going to get a Goodyear tire with a 60,000 mile treadwear warranty ......

You may be using that warranty too. I put a set of the Fortera's on my TB, and barely got 40K out of them. Worst wear out of any tires I've put on it. But the handling IS very good, especially in the wet.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher