Goodbye Trailvoy

steven76

Original poster
Mar 24, 2012
Hadn't been on Trailvoy for a while.
Figured out that it's falling apart, so here I am.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Welcome aboard!!!

Cable810

Dec 5, 2011
Welcome glad you are here!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Welcome! Did you have a technical problem and get no answers, or did Vertical Scope spam you with an unwanted email reminder that you hadn't visited in a while and they were starting to lose money trying to sell advertising to their captive eyeballs? :eek:

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Welcome....that avatar looks familiar. I can't quite put a user name to the pic though.:undecided:

steven76

Original poster
Mar 24, 2012
the roadie said:
Welcome! Did you have a technical problem and get no answers, or did Vertical Scope spam you with an unwanted email reminder that you hadn't visited in a while and they were starting to lose money trying to sell advertising to their captive eyeballs? :eek:

No. It just felt like ghost town. Then I realized that there were no posts from you, which seemed strange. And, I was really surprised that I was the only person to answer someones question about a BOSE system or a 4X4 question. So I searched some threads and discovered that some old-timers had been banned. Kind of super stupid to ban the people who have made the site what it is.

I'm probably on that site 40% for info about my TB, 40% for social interaction, and 20% for relief of occasional boredom.

Plus, I never received the sticker that was in the list of things that my "Gold Membership" was supposed to provide.

But honestly, it really does feel like a ghost town over there without all the regulars ringing in on posts and adding their own personal touch to posts.

steven76

Original poster
Mar 24, 2012
MAY03LT said:
Welcome....that avatar looks familiar. I can't quite put a user name to the pic though.:undecided:

My user name over there was "splandreth." That is the handle that I have used for my email address and multiple online accounts since I first started using the Internet 20 years ago. I don't like the fact that people who have my email address could Google me and see all my activity on Trailvoy.

I just Googled "Steven76," and saw that it is a widely used handle. None of those results are me. I have NO INTEREST in Kelly Clarkson, I promise.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
steven76 said:
I have NO INTEREST in Kelly Clarkson, I promise.

I'd give her the penisaurus rex. :yes:

Thanks for clearing that up, enjoy the site!!!!

jdoorn14

Mar 24, 2012
steven76 said:
No. It just felt like ghost town. Then I realized that there were no posts from you, which seemed strange. And, I was really surprised that I was the only person to answer someones question about a BOSE system or a 4X4 question. So I searched some threads and discovered that some old-timers had been banned. Kind of super stupid to ban the people who have made the site what it is.

I'm probably on that site 40% for info about my TB, 40% for social interaction, and 20% for relief of occasional boredom.

But honestly, it really does feel like a ghost town over there without all the regulars ringing in on posts and adding their own personal touch to posts.

Exactly why I started looking for everyone. Well, that and the fact that the only new posts seemed to be rehashings of old, searchable threads.

Welcome, glad you could make it.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
welcome over :tiphat:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
jdoorn14 said:
... the fact that the only new posts seemed to be rehashings of old, searchable threads....
You have to wonder about the technical chops and social motivations of folks who would stay back there and not move with 98% of the active community over here. :crazy: They can't hate ALL of us that much, can they? Or insanely love Vertical Scope's parasitical business model to the point of wanting to be unpaid minions for a site owned by non-platform-enthusiasts? Even the two volunteer nooberators (noob moderators promoted just after the Great Exodus) gave up welcoming new members and answering questions. Seems they woke up.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Welcome :tiphat:

MAY03LT said:
I'd give her the penisaurus rex. :yes:

I think someone has been watching Flesh Gordon :redface:...No not me, I would never watch something like that :nono: OK, maybe :satan:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Short Bus said:
I think someone has been watching Flesh Gordon :redface:...
I have to admit to seeing that when it first came out in 1974 across the street from the science fiction convention I was attending at the time in Boston (Boskone 11). Later, I met Bjo Trimble, a makeup artist on FJ who went on to more fame in Star Trek fandom. Of course I have the DVD. :redface:

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Welcome!

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Hiya, Welcome to the Nation!

n0kfb

Dec 8, 2011
Holy cow! I just visited trailvoy, and wherever I put GMTNation.com into my personal details, it automatically changed to trailvoy.com. So... I changed them all to g m t n a t i o n . c o m (with the spaces). So far, it seems to have stuck.

-- Dan Meyer :coffee:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
n0kfb said:
Holy cow! I just visited trailvoy, and wherever I put GMTNation.com into my personal details, it automatically changed to trailvoy.com. So... I changed them all to g m t n a t i o n . c o m (with the spaces). So far, it seems to have stuck.

-- Dan Meyer :coffee:

You'll get banned or put on ignore whenever they find it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online