Good way to search for used vehicle???

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
My lil bro is trying to find a fairly specific barely used car. I am trying to get him to search further out since he is looking for a model with specific features that was only released last year. He also wants a specific color. He has been looking at dealer websites, but it seems there should be a more practical way to search large areas, say several states or within 500 miles. Anyone have any sites to check out?

Not a crazy odd car, but specific...2011 Chevy Cruze with red tintcoat finish and the RS option package. Under 20,000 miles.

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
advanced searching on autotrader is not the simplest, but will have him give it another whirl.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
As you have seen in my posts I just got off that horse searching for my 9-7x. I used AutoTempest.com - Find your next car... Faster! which simultaneously searches all the sites mentioned above and some others onto one page. Searching for specific options and colors gets tricky though and depending on the site you end up having to still comb through the listings. If I can give one tip, it is that some states like Ohio and Michigan and a couple others have a much different economy and many used cars in those states are 30% to 40% cheaper at least than MN. It was like paying in British Pounds.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
+1 for autotrader.com... thats what i use to find my SS on the other side of my state

Dec 4, 2011
Another vote for Autotrader.com. I found my Denali in Wisconsin at a dealer. Made the deal over the phone (first time for everything) and picked it up a couple of weeks later.

Bartonmd

Nov 20, 2011
FWIW, if he wants an automatic transmission Cruze, he wants a 2012! The 2011 automatics had some shifting "concerns" (not blowing up, but not shifting right) that have been taken care of in the 2012 model year automatics... FWIW, software updates don't seem to be fixing the 2011 models...

I know you said he needs to have a slush-box, but if he wants a 2011 Cruze, it NEEDS to be a manual transmission...

A car that new, and that specific, by the time you count the mileage depreciation/use and the difference in interest rate between new and used, he's probably better off buying a new one, anyway...

Mike

LordBear

Dec 22, 2011
Filter said:
I found my TB on craigslist.org Cars.com also has a lot of listings.

+1 for craigslist

where i found mine.. just have to know what your looking for and check the vehicle out when u see it just like any place else.

IslandRunner

Dec 4, 2011
Try KellyBlueBook (KBB.com) I just did and found a 2011 cruze red 14,302 miles in Pocatello, ID for $16,800. don't know if this is what he is looking for or how close it is but I found it in less than 5min on KBB. Just click on cars for sale on the homepage.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online