Good alignment Shop in San Diego area?

joe110010

Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
Does anyone have a good alignment shop in San Diego area to recommend for these vehicles? I had to pound my LCA brackets in with a sledge so I'd like to find someone who's ready to deal with that. Thanks!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I paid Evans Tire (regional San Diego chain) for a lifetime alignment, and got 3 or 4 uses out of it before the SOBs told me they had a policy that if I replaced any part of the suspension, then I couldn't just bring it in for a free alignment anymore. If I had put in a new part, like tie rod end, ball joint, LCA, that I had to PAY FULL PRICE for a single alignment to "reactivate" the lifetime alignment service. BS! I'm always breaking tie rod ends or replacing LCA bushings or something.

Evans Tires is now on my ever-growing boycott list of cheaters.

I've also heard very bad stories about many national chain stores, such as Firestone. Discount Tire, Costco, and Walmart refuse to work on vehicles with wheel spacers, so they're off the list as well.

For the best place to locate reviews of local shops, I recommend www.yelp.com. You'll get a lot wider range of local reviews of owners with different vehicles. Different than this sort of forum.

Just ask the shop before you leave it - do you know how to adjust camber and caster on a trailblazer? If they claim (as some shops have been known to do) that we don't HAVE a camber and caster adjustment, flee. We're not some lame MacPherson strut Honda.

joe110010

Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
Thanks, good to know about Evans. Here pay for something but it's not valid if you'll actually need it! Classic.

I'll check around for an independent shop.

Irishboy02

Apr 1, 2012
Personally I have used the Firestone and have not had a problem. Had my TB in there with spacers and tires sticking 6" out of the fenders and they did it. Im on the east coast though so i cant speak for anything else. I did notice though that the more i went there, the longer i was waiting for my truck to get in. Purchased the lifetime for my new truck as well, have already used it three times and so far so good.

joe110010

Original poster
Aug 1, 2012
Irishboy02 said:
Personally I have used the Firestone and have not had a problem. Had my TB in there with spacers and tires sticking 6" out of the fenders and they did it. Im on the east coast though so i cant speak for anything else. I did notice though that the more i went there, the longer i was waiting for my truck to get in. Purchased the lifetime for my new truck as well, have already used it three times and so far so good.

Ok thanks for the input, may be worth a second look at those guys over here. Is it just me I have to stare at that blue bar.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.