Going to try the Conti LX-20

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
After 2 sets of Michelins on this i'm going against my better judgement and jumping ship this time, unfortunately not until next week.

I really like the Latitudes but didn't care for the few hydroplaning instances I had. I like the tread pattern on the LX20 and I don't go mudding, the load carrying is also slightly higher on the Cont's but not by much.

Debated the LTX M/S or plus-sizing to get the MS/2, finding it hard to justify an extra $200 or more for the set, plus the LX20's have an additional 32nd at 12/32.

I will post updates incl MPG once they are installed.

gmcman

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
So far I really like these tires. Only been on dry pavement but right after the install they were quiet, seemed like I wanted to think I was hearing tread noise at speed but that's not the case. After about 100-150 miles they are really quiet, quite possibly needed a little break-in...pretty much reminds me of the Michelin Latitudes but you can feel that the tires are stiffer than the Latitudes. I have read reviews of them being harsh but that's not the case, just a stronger feeling tire but doesn't give a harsh ride.

I will report back after I replace the struts and get some good miles on them.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online