GMTNation YouTube Channel

$ Khalid ! 9130

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Well as the title states I was thinking with all the great write ups and mods we have. We should start a GMTNation YouTube channel. Most people nowadays prefer to see how something is done rather than just read about it! And I think it would help increase revenue and awareness for the site.

Let me know what you guys think 😊

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
It'd be kinda difficult to manage that, being that only one person can have access since it links with a Google Account. Best thing to do is include GMTNation in the title of the vid and add things of that nature in the tags, like I've done on my vids. Would be a cool thing if there was a group access setup possible, but alas there is not.

$ Khalid ! 9130

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
I was thinking we have someone who is basically the 'uploader'. Where videos are sent to a certain someone who then takes care of the editing etc. And then uploads on behalf of the site.

Dunno if that makes sense

P.S Haven't seen your videos on YT. Got some links? 😊

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I was thinking we have someone who is basically the 'uploader'. Where videos are sent to a certain someone who then takes care of the editing etc. And then uploads on behalf of the site.

Dunno if that makes sense

P.S Haven't seen your videos on YT. Got some links? 😊
Now that I thought about it, yeah that would work. Person who filmed and or edited video would upload the vid to a file-share site or Google Drive. Then the uploader downloads it and posts the vid on YouTube. Vid files are too large for Emails to send, they're limited in sized you can attach.

If you search GMTNation on Google, mines the 1st vid to show. Very old video, back when my TB was still new to me. Looking back I hate all those LED mods I ever did on it. Used to be amber and white scheme. I also hated some exterior mods, like that dumb blue hood wrap. I'm growing tired of exterior lighting, especially having these Green ones for like 4yrs. I only keep them wired up still because others get a kick out of it and sometimes ask me to do their vehicles. I have more vids in recent years, but never upload them. Mostly to look back on.

$ Khalid ! 9130

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Now that I thought about it, yeah that would work. Person who filmed and or edited video would upload the vid to a file-share site or Google Drive. Then the uploader downloads it and posts the vid on YouTube. Vid files are too large for Emails to send, they're limited in sized you can attach.

If you search GMTNation on Google, mines the 1st vid to show. Very old video, back when my TB was still new to me. Looking back I hate all those LED mods I ever did on it. Used to be amber and white scheme. I also hated some exterior mods, like that dumb blue hood wrap. I'm growing tired of exterior lighting, especially having these Green ones for like 4yrs. I only keep them wired up still because others get a kick out of it and sometimes ask me to do their vehicles. I have more vids in recent years, but never upload them. Mostly to look back on.

Yep that's what i was thinking 😊! I will have a look through some of them for sure. Going through the forums many of us have posted some sort of video, but since it was being embedded in the forum, it was all through different accounts etc. I would like to kind of group all this great content under the GMTNation banner. I posted one or two videos with my DRL Cap mod and resonator delete, which got a sizeable amount of views and interest from the public.

Tastes change as we grow older I guess 😂. I forever used to want a sedan with big rims and high spoiler when I was little. Now I just laugh when I see someone like that go by and I'm only 19 😂

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Yep that's what i was thinking 😊! I will have a look through some of them for sure. Going through the forums many of us have posted some sort of video, but since it was being embedded in the forum, it was all through different accounts etc. I would like to kind of group all this great content under the GMTNation banner. I posted one or two videos with my DRL Cap mod and resonator delete, which got a sizeable amount of views and interest from the public.

Tastes change as we grow older I guess 😂. I forever used to want a sedan with big rims and high spoiler when I was little. Now I just laugh when I see someone like that go by and I'm only 19 😂
I find my old videos embarrassing to be honest. I've unlisted 4 of them.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Could also just make a playlist on the gmtnation YouTube channel of others uploads.

$ Khalid ! 9130

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Could also just make a playlist on the gmtnation YouTube channel of others uploads.

I'd prefer some branding, at least an intro on older videos if we decide to incorporate them into the channel. I'd like to get some mod, or admin feedback if they are interested @Mooseman , @Blckshdw

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The danger of having a single person in charge of that account would that if something happens, whether it's just becoming disinterested, a falling out, dying, nuking the bridge or something as simple as selling your truck and becoming inactive, could render the channel useless if the person controlling it doesn't hand it over (or unable to). All of these situations have been seen here.

May03LT used to be an active member/mod and uploaded a large number videos tagging GMTNation. He has since moved on and we have a post listing all his vids. Eventually, I can see each and every one of us active members moving on, including myself.

It's a good idea and has advantages and disadvantages. I think the best would be to have a post, like the FAQ's, to list them uploaded by individual members. Easier to manage.

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Lol I'm thankful that our forum notifies you when a new post is made while you're writing one, cuz I was in the middle of making many of the same points. #WhatHeSaid

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
That is the other thing, the trucks aren't going to be around forever. I still see a ton of them probably more than any other makes platform still but they have been out of production for 10 years now? Popularity is on the decline... having a YouTube channel like that is a failing arrangement really...

$ Khalid ! 9130

Original poster
Mar 30, 2016
KSA
The danger of having a single person in charge of that account would that if something happens, whether it's just becoming disinterested, a falling out, dying, nuking the bridge or something as simple as selling your truck and becoming inactive, could render the channel useless if the person controlling it doesn't hand it over (or unable to). All of these situations have been seen here.

May03LT used to be an active member/mod and uploaded a large number videos tagging GMTNation. He has since moved on and we have a post listing all his vids. Eventually, I can see each and every one of us active members moving on, including myself.

It's a good idea and has advantages and disadvantages. I think the best would be to have a post, like the FAQ's, to list them uploaded by individual members. Easier to manage.

All valid points. Just wanted to see if it would be a good idea. I guess we'll go with a post then 👍🏻

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online