ANNOUNCEMENT GMTNation Planned Downtime

Jman423

Original poster
Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
We will be changing our hosting provider immediately. Please expect the forums to close later today once the process has begun. We appologize for the short notice, this was a last-minute, unexpected decision.
What will happen:
  1. Prepare the new server
  2. Close the forums
  3. Copy the site's data and databases
  4. Make appropriate changes to our DNS (this takes the longest on your end)
  5. When the site opens, it will be hosted from the new server
I don't have any social media accounts or standalone status pages available, so I'll try to post updates on the "Forums Closed" page.

Jman423

Original poster
Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
As expected, the shit hit the fan… but we’re back. DNS is surely still propagating for many, so just keep checking back throughout the day. Also, email and notifications are almost certainly broken at the moment, I’ll get it resolved. Report any other issues that are sure to arise.

For those that can’t reach the site yet, they can use this link, but it will present an error about security since it’s an IP address as opposed to a URL: https://70.39.232.182/forums

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt and mrrsm

Jman423

Original poster
Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Known issues as of this post are as follows:
  1. Email system is down (no email notifications or new member signups)
  2. Push Notifications not working
  3. Attachments not able to be uploaded (permission error)
  4. My wife wants me to mow the lawn
  5. Using our domain name may work intermittently, this is due to DNS propagation

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
My wife wants me to mow the lawn
I'd volunteer to help out with that one so we can keep the withdrawal symptoms to a minimum but I'm a little far :biggrin:

Jman423

Original poster
Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Due to some technical difficulties and a rather slow response from the new host (yay), DNS propagation is taking a lot longer than I had hoped for. Keep passing the IP address around to those in need.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
It was weird that I could access the forum thru Cellular.. But not wired internet.

Just glad to see we are back up and running.

@movietvet should also be happy, been chomping at the bit to check his thread on his TB problems.

movietvet

Dec 21, 2022
Oregon
I am up and running this morning and posted about my intermittent stop cranking issue.

azswiss

May 23, 2021
Tempe, AZ
For some reason my email was deemed unreachable so my account was flagged as unconfirmed. Had to change email and then reconfirm. Working now.

Reactions: movietvet

Jman423

Original poster
Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
For some reason my email was deemed unreachable so my account was flagged as unconfirmed. Had to change email and then reconfirm. Working now.
Hmmmm, OK, I didn’t foresee that as being a problem, but I have an idea of what the problem is.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I had the same problem on the old server, and had to switch to an account I dont want to use for this.

Jman423

Original poster
Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
If you guys want your email changed and it won’t let you, let me know and I’ll do it manually. The only exceptions are obscure email domains we have completely blocked.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
PM'ed

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher