ANNOUNCEMENT GMTNation is now Secured by SSL

Jman423

Original poster
Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
To keep up with the changing requirements of the internet, we've added a layer of security to our site. From this point forward, all areas of the site will be prefixed by HTTPS, and any links calling WWW will be rewritten as a non-WWW address. To avoid potential quirks from your browsers, you may want to update your bookmarks.

During this change, we've also had to re-work our advertisements from the ground up. We're working on placement and visibility to leverage the most valuable "ad real estate" our site has to offer. If you are a contributing member who sees advertisements that you normally don't see, please hang in there as we finish fine tuning our ads, and then we'll setup the conditional code to keep you from seeing them moving forward.

Also, it should be noted that our SSL upgrade has broken the Paypal integration used to leave tips and sign up for supporting memberships, so those systems have been disabled temporarily.

Thank you for your continued support and patronage.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
To keep up with the changing requirements of the internet, we've added a layer of security to our site. From this point forward, all areas of the site will be prefixed by HTTPS, and any links calling WWW will be rewritten as a non-WWW address. To avoid potential quirks from your browsers, you may want to update your bookmarks.

During this change, we've also had to re-work our advertisements from the ground up. We're working on placement and visibility to leverage the most valuable "ad real estate" our site has to offer. If you are a contributing member who sees advertisements that you normally don't see, please hang in there as we finish fine tuning our ads, and then we'll setup the conditional code to keep you from seeing them moving forward.

Also, it should be noted that our SSL upgrade has broken the Paypal integration used to leave tips and sign up for supporting memberships, so those systems have been disabled temporarily.

Thank you for your continued support and patronage.

Thank YOU & staff for putting this in; I noticed it earlier today, and was about to PM the mods I had been talking to about this. So I'll just express my 'thanks', here.

Appreciate the extra work you've introduced upon yourselves (e.g.; Paypal, etc.) Once that integration is back up, I will be making another donation to the site, and would encourage others to do the same, where possible.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online