GMTNation Annual Meet or GMTNation Day meet????

TexazReece

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I've been thinking about everyone organizing an annual GMT Nation National meet. Like it says everyone that's apart of The Great Nation getting together just celebrating, meeting members etc. I was thinking maybe the day the site was created but any ideas would be awesome. I think this would be Kool what yall think?

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I like the idea....but. Near winter for that kind of meet, attendance would be off. To make it fairer travel wise, it would really have to be somewhere in the middle of CONUS, for some it would be good, for others it would not be.

As I said, I like the idea, but the logistics would suck.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
I think you'd find that in this economy, and with today's gas prices, the attendance wouldn't be any larger than any other meet. It is a great idea, but it would have been more likely to come together before the recession. :twocents:

Just remember, you don't have to live in any particular geographic area to attend meets. I drove to Wilmington, DE to attend a Mid-Atlantic meet. A few years back, I drove to Atlanta, GA to attend a Southeast meet.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
BO TIE SS said:
Just remember, you don't have to live in any particular geographic area to attend meets. I drove to Wilmington, DE to attend a Mid-Atlantic meet. A few years back, I drove to Atlanta, GA to attend a Southeast meet.

The National meet is a great idea but trying to make all the existing meets bigger is a more reasonable goal. If I had the damn passport I would have been at the Ohio meet and I'm sure I could have convinced others to join me. I would do the Bowling Green meet and again with a convoy of followers. And then to Chicago as a group. With gas here at $5.17 a gallon, I can hardly wait to get over the border to travel. I was reminded a couple days ago that all I need is an Ontario Enhanced Drivers License to cross the border in a vehicle and it's only a $40.00 extra cost to our license fee. I'll be applying for one of those. You can expect to see me/us at a lot more existing meets next year :thumbsup: ...

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Denali n DOO said:
I was reminded a couple days ago that all I need is an Ontario Enhanced Drivers License to cross the border in a vehicle and it's only a $40.00 extra cost to our license fee. I'll be applying for one of those. You can expect to see me/us at a lot more existing meets next year :thumbsup: ...

Oh crap... :rotfl:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Sparky said:
Oh crap... :rotfl:

lol, if I could find a job and one for the wife in a state with lots of snow for snowmobiling I'd consider to move. It seems everything is cheaper in the states. I'm tired of gettin raped by the Canadian government...High prices and taxes taxes taxes!!!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I got a spot for a National meet in SE IN, but I doubt the west coast would attend...

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
How about a national meet day, where each region plans their own meet but we just all look to hold the meets on the same day? I like the idea of using the anniversary of the site going live.

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
Regulator said:
How about a national meet day, where each region plans their own meet but we just all look to hold the meets on the same day? I like the idea of using the anniversary of the site going live.

Would we observe a simultaneous moment of silence for the death of trailvoy on that day?

TangoBravo

Dec 5, 2011
Denali n DOO said:
lol, if I could find a job and one for the wife in a state with lots of snow for snowmobiling I'd consider to move. It seems everything is cheaper in the states. I'm tired of gettin raped by the Canadian government...High prices and taxes taxes taxes!!!

Come to Wyoming my friend, during the winter I take my snowmachine everywhere. We have so much free range here finding a place is never an issue.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ready67

Members Online

No members online now.