GMT360 bites the dust.. Almost takes out a hotel!

TollKeeper

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It's actually an Envoy XL if you look at the headlights and bumper. 🕵️‍♂️

Reactions: Reprise

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
And here I thought I was the only one who'd actually try and discern the model / platform. :laugh::hail:

TollKeeper

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Could be an Isuzu Ascender with Envoy headlights too. Cant really see the tails.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I think odds are more for an Envoy. :biggrin:

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
I'd say Envoy as well, the front clip and rear wheels in the second image are way to recognizable. The Ascenders also were usually two tone, or featured two-tone door moldings.

Reactions: Reprise

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
After looking at the pictures again...

Not only is it an Envoy XL, it's an '03-'04. Look at the wide bodyside / door mouldings. Just like mine. Also... If you zoom in reeeeally close on pic #2, you can see the D/S tail lamp looks to be amber over red, which is the GMC layout, yes?

Looks to be a 4.2L, as there's just too much 'gap' on the LH side of the engine bay.
I wonder how they got the hood off so cleanly? Some sort of recip saw, probably. And I'm guessing that SCBA gear might have been used, as that had been burning pretty hot / noxious for awhile when they got there. Not a pane of glass left, either. :eyebrowhuh:

Obviously, a total loss. :sadcry: Guessing they weren't maintaining full coverage, given the age of the truck (and even if they did... the residual would be what - about $2000 USD or so, depending on mileage?)

(and before anyone says it... yeah, I must have more time than sense, to spend this much time / effort looking at this... LOL) :dunce:

Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
And you weren't able to give us the mileage and the owner's name? Sheesh. You're losing it Mark :laugh:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online