GMT store?

tbuckalew14

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
I know it's just getting started...but are their plans on opening one? I know there was a new post every month or so on trailvoy, but seemed like the owners didn't care to get involved. I'm sure it would bring in money to help for site fees etc.

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Yes, there will be branded GMTN merchandise offered as soon as we get a finalized logo in place. Official decals will come from Jeff, and the branded merchandise will come from CafePress. Other specialty items may be available from other vendors as demand rises. We've already completed the preliminary phases, we just need a logo now.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Is someone trying to put that cart before the horse? Lets get things started man... :tongue:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
CdnGMan said:
Hehehe... can you blame a guy for being eager? :yes:

Not really but the site is still in "beta" with a soft opening. And we don't even have a logo. Though I would love to have decals in place for over the holidays. Last year when I was working a light display there were so many trailvoys that passed by my truck, it would be nice to show things off and get try to get things livened up here in Vegas.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Got to debadge the tv decals first. Found old extras that I had to give away in the garage this week. Guess I can ditch those too.

High Voltage

Nov 18, 2011
Jman423 said:
Yes, there will be branded GMTN merchandise offered as soon as we get a finalized logo in place. Official decals will come from Jeff, and the branded merchandise will come from CafePress. Other specialty items may be available from other vendors as demand rises. We've already completed the preliminary phases, we just need a logo now.
Thank you for letting me be the official source for the decals!
Just so you know Tim (tbuckalew14) does great screen printing work! High quality! Much better than Cafe press!

HARDTRAILZ said:
Got to debadge the tv decals first. Found old extras that I had to give away in the garage this week. Guess I can ditch those too.

That is going to be a MAJOR debadgeing! I think we should change out your red to blue when that happens!:biggrin:

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
High Voltage said:
Thank you for letting me be the official source for the decals!
Just so you know Tim (tbuckalew14) does great screen printing work! High quality! Much better than Cafe press!

Well, we are open to suggestions. We'll do our best to offer the products that the community wants.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
High Voltage said:
That is going to be a MAJOR debadgeing! I think we should change out your red to blue when that happens!:biggrin:

The wife wants BRIGHT green, but switching it up could easily happen with your help.:biggrin:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Mrs. Roadie invested in a computer-controlled six-color embroidery machine, for hats and logo apparel. Another thought.....

Blade

Nov 20, 2011
the roadie said:
Mrs. Roadie invested in a computer-controlled six-color embroidery machine, for hats and logo apparel. Another thought.....

Oh crap. I don't think my wife has ever seen those embroidery machines. And that is probably a good thing! :biggrin:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
High Voltage said:

The 2nd one is really close to what I have been using on mine. But the Florescent green paint I have been using comes out a little darker.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
djthumper said:
The 2nd one is really close to what I have been using on mine. But the Florescent green paint I have been using comes out a little darker.

Thats the one the wife likes. Guess I need to order up some new stuff. Lil HT and the other rear door may need new labels...

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Sweet. Just need jeff to come deliver and install cause I doubt I can get hood stripe right

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I like your hood stripe. I have been trying to figure what else I could put it on without being too much. I have the lime green shock boots, the lift is done in green, and so are the front and rear bow ties. I thought of the bow ties on the wheels but I want to get different wheels.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Know I havent been as active on here yet, been hard as Ive got 3 weeks of college left! That said, Im up for some decals (probably 4 in white) and maybe a t-shirt (and hat come summertime).

Thanks for the work putting the site together guys, if you need help just ask!

And Bill, Ill work on getting Bill's wife's email address for ya next time I end up in Vancouver!:biggrin:

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
The staff will be working on the details, but when it comes to authorization to use or reproduce our logo, there will be a process in which vendors will be required to go through to obtain permission to use it. This has nothing to do with profits and revenues and everything to do with having full control over the site's image for copyright reasons. In fact, we won't be making any profits off of decals and merchandise. The only exceptions will occur when we are trying to plan for an event like Carlisle.

We also don't want to see any members getting cheated or overcharged, so we will not authorize just anyone to go out and sell merchandise while price gouging.

More details to come...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online