Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Reactions: Capote

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
I think that there is an old saying..."put all the new Blazers in one and all the new Envoys in the other hand and see which one fills up first"....or did I dream that?..:undecided:

cornchip

Jan 6, 2013
Rumor confirmed at GMAuthority.com about new Envoy CUV. It will be a cross over thingy (Blazer sized???) built at the Cadillac plant in Jinqiao China. Whohoo!! :duh:

y4mMi7n0Nvrr0oQe473O0zMUlKWoH11rfEPumn5s8SJDhFn9tBlPHF9ZKPkCcxG6u5yu_KP_nbLW32ARFuQ-HU6kwQk1id8Cb1D6_Vq5IzD_zOIu__4OZEs7nMAhVilUY1Kff63NyDSK4KAUA1mooV8sWb8u6ubwRN_45KywUMYpco0tDutql079uKkftcYVJj0rK2hFpEdBKYF7Qduzg1ZGg

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Since this "new" Envoy will be a "con job" like the "new" Blazer they should have built it in the "DONG YUE" plant :whistle:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It will make whoever drives it a bad driver (sorry, I couldn't resist :laugh:)

Bow_Tied

Dec 21, 2014
London, ON
All of the names in that list start with the letters E, N.... is that what a 4 year marketing degree buys? smh, I picked the wrong career. I coulda been paid to duplicate bullsh!t.

Reactions: northcreek

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Kudos to @cornchip for finding that info.
Are there GM vehicles sold in NA that are currently built in China, or will these be the first?

Can't help but think that as the US automakers 'normalize' Chinese-sourced vehicles to NA markets, that that will accelerate the introduction of vehicles here from Chinese-owned entities. Saw a portion of a story on 60 Minutes last week (yeah, I am old...lol) about a Chinese version of Tesla.

Yeah, our domestic auto industry survived Japan and S. Korea (although not as the same companies they were even 20 years ago.) Will we survive China?

Something tells me I won't be replacing current Envoy with 'new' Envoy.

As an aside, I wonder what the pricing will be on these when they hit. I have the feeling they'll surpass what ours cost, new, even adjusted for inflation (I think mine was $39K, back in '03...and no, I'm not the original owner)

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
All of the names in that list start with the letters E, N.... is that what a 4 year marketing degree buys? smh, I picked the wrong career. I coulda been paid to duplicate bullsh!t.
And you would have a company car too, a Chevy Enema....:rotfl:

• Haha
Reactions: Bow_Tied

Bow_Tied

Dec 21, 2014
London, ON
Ya, I probably would get fired anyway - I'd look at something like the new Blazer and propose the name "Ennui".

• Haha
Reactions: Mooseman

vipergg

Dec 7, 2011
Unless they make a new SUV based on the Colorado what's the point . There is so much potential there and they give us a larger Equinox instead . GM has nothing I want , will be looking at a Dodge Durango , at least they look like a real SUV not a soccer mom mobile . And they can take that non switchable stop/start feature and shove it where this no light .

Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online