GMC OR DENALI sill plates for the envoy

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
If u want these done put your name here. Im sure kevin would appreciate the business and this would be a great opportunity to get a set of sill plates made for u guys.

Reactions: dmanns67 and jpimp

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Really guys! ? There was a couple guys wanting these done and no names? Almost like pissing in the wind sometimes.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I never saw this til today and I am on here all the time.

However, I do not even have an Envoy, so no go for me.

You might put a link where you saw the guys asking for them...

Reactions: DFWWIZ

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Noel Crystal said:
The thread has been up for two days. Give it time to circulate. I'm down for a set.
If this is something you really want, you should be actively promoting not waiting to circulate :twocents: At the very least, make sure you are bumping the thread.

Chuck Bunyon

Jul 24, 2014
This is the first time I've seen it and I replied. That will bump it to the unread thread column where it will get more attention. You need to give more than a whole day for something to gather attention. Not everyone checks the forum every second of the day.

As a side note if the GMC/Denali ones don't work. Maybe just milled ones without any logo. That way the customer base is much larger because they are more universal.

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Someone posted they really wanted these. Said id make a thread. 62 people seen this and no one commented yet. Im sure kevin is gonna make another batch soon. So I figured i made this thread on the intent of him getting these done at the same time the bow tie and SS ones are made. I made the thread and im done bumping it. I have mine so its up you you guys now to keeping alive. I was trying to be helpful. But I guess the "pissing in the wind" comment made some people butt hurt ...but it worked. Comments were made.

Reactions: dmanns67

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
I just bumped the thread for the bowtie/ss versions. Read that thread and you can get first hand info from the seller, I don't wanna screw any info up. But, looks like it's $110 for the pair including shipping.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Mounce said:
I just bumped the thread for the bowtie/ss versions. Read that thread and you can get first hand info from the seller, I don't wanna screw any info up. But, looks like it's $110 for the pair including shipping.
It is likely more for the shipping outside of the lower 48.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
djthumper said:
It is likely more for the shipping outside of the lower 48.
Sorry, I'm on tapatalk as always (lol) and can't see where people are from. It never even crossed my mind to ask where he was located and such.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Half the reason for the forum update was to make a more attractive site to wean people off tapatalk. Give it a try with your browser.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
The mobile site is nice no doubt, I can just navigate tapatalk quicker, although it'd be the same for the mobile site if I used it more. Just got on the mobile site and I still can't see vehicle description nor location, am I not looking in the right place or what?

Btw, the mobile site is great, as is the full site. Definitely a worth-while upgrade. :tiphat:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
bump

DFWWIZ

Dec 5, 2011
The sills are $110 on future orders because the CNC shop that did these quoted way low. And now they have said a minimum of 40 sets, not 20, otherwise its not worth their time and effort. These can be changed to just ribs all the way across if enough people want them with out the logos.
As for the price I sell them at, its VERY cheap and I pay thousands out of pocket to have these made. So with that being said, if only a few people respond - like 10 or so, then its not likely anything different will made since its not cost effective. These sills are 24" x 1 5/8" and replace the "tin" stock version. So if there isn't something replaceable then I doubt anything can or will get done.
Now the bumper plates are a different story as I've seen the TBSS, Envoy and Rainier and it looks like they all have the same outside dimensions so a generic version is very doable. I just need to find the right guy with a 60" CNC table and at the right price.
Most of the regular TBs have only a smaller lower plate that can be done for maybe $100 or less.
One last word, I can also get the Bowtie in the front grill made if enough people want them - with or with out the "SS".

Fen65

Apr 2, 2014
I'd be up for a set of GMC ones.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobby2175

Members Online