GMC ENVOY XUV oem part #'s for various 2004 & 2005 XUV's parts

die2sk8

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
I know it may be difficult to find the right part #'s for some parts that only the XUV has. Here are some that may help you out in your parts search!

GMC ENVOY XUV Rear wiper blade assembly : GM# 15761901
View attachment 18703
I bought this item form the dealer (which never happens for obsolete XUV parts) on 1-24-12 for $12.68 (made in England). I had tried replacing the rubber blade only, but it never touched the glass all the way through the wipe (i can here the comments coming).

GMC ENVOY XUV Utility Bar / Roof rack cross bars: GM# 88962502
I bought this item @ Vintage Parts ( vpartsinc.com ) for around $200 for the set including shipping. You can only order them through their website, the 800 phone number is for Dealers or wholesalers only? It has the clearance necessary to retract the roof without hitting/touching the bars.

GMC ENVOY XUV Cargo Rail : GM# 88962888
They install on the upper/inside wall of the truck bed, under the rear quarter glass, for attaching bungee cords, tie-down straps, cargo nets, etc...

Hope this info helps out fellow XUV owners :smile:

Attachments

• rear wiper.jpg
    rear wiper.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 23

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Do you have a pic of the cargo rail?

04xuv

Dec 3, 2011
die2sk8 said:
I know it may be difficult to find the right part #'s for some parts that only the XUV has. Here are some that may help you out in your parts search!

View attachment 3880
I bought this item form the dealer (which never happens for obsolete XUV parts) on 1-24-12 for $12.68 (made in England). I had tried replacing the rubber blade only, but it never touched the glass all the way through the wipe (i can here the comments coming).

I bought this item @ Vintage Parts ( vpartsinc.com ) for around $200 for the set including shipping. You can only order them through their website, the 800 phone number is for Dealers or wholesalers only? It has the clearance necessary to retract the roof without hitting/touching the bars.

They install on the upper/inside wall of the truck bed, under the rear quarter glass, for attaching bungee cords, tie-down straps, cargo nets, etc...

none of those part numbers worked when i went to the vintage parts site.
this one worked for the xuv cross bars: 12497469
i would really like one that works for the cargo rails.

NH Canuck

Apr 8, 2012
Danville, NH
Thanks for the Part numbers

Just migrated from the 'Voy!

Yes, finding XUV parts is an interesting past time :smile:

Trying to find the End Gate Reinforcement Bar GM#15772775 because mine has rusted in a strange location

GM says part is no longer available and scrap yards want to sell me the whole tail gate.

Also scratching my head on the "pressure sensitive touch latches" OMG!

Boys, its a GMC not a Caddy! A weatherproofed micro switch woulda done it :biggrin:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
NH Canuck said:
Also scratching my head on the "pressure sensitive touch latches" OMG!

Boys, its a GMC not a Caddy! A weatherproofed micro switch woulda done it :biggrin:

I know what you are saying on that one.. I had to go to 2 diferent dealers until I found one that was willing to diagnos the problem.. Thank god for my warrenty, paid for it all.. Both switches were bad.

die2sk8

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
Ughh...I was just having issues with the tailgate touch pads/switch the past few weeks...thought the car wash workers didn't know how to operate it and pushed too hard..

NH Canuck

Apr 8, 2012
Danville, NH
die2sk8 said:
Ughh...I was just having issues with the tailgate touch pads/switch the past few weeks...thought the car wash workers didn't know how to operate it and pushed too hard..

Yup, I just got my replacement touch pads from the dealer. I took the old ones apart and see that there appears to be corrosion that ate one of the conductors; almost like galvanic corrosion.

I noted my switches looked just like other fellow XUV owners who have reported the same issue.

So it looks like you get about 4-6 years from the switches before they fail; I guess I'll pick up another pair as an investment for when I need the next set in 2017!:biggrin:

04xuv

Dec 3, 2011
die2sk8 said:

View attachment 3880

just ordered the roof rails from vpartsinc. did yours come as a pair?
also, can't find those cargo rails for the back. instead, i used eyebolts. if anyone needs them, i got'm at fastenal: sized m8, 1.25. the only ones they had are 13mm to the shoulder. if the plastic casing is set right, (mine wasn't), there's just enough thread to bite real good.

View attachment 20510

Attachments

• WP_000231.jpg
    WP_000231.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 13

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online