GMC....Enough!...Enough!....

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Are you as sick as I am of seeing this stupid, three year old commercial over and over (just came on again as I'm typing this).:mad:
It was dumb when it first came out and it's still dumb.:rant:
a9y00t7sb0y11.jpg

Reactions: Matt

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
She can love that pickup all she wants... but if I spent +$100K on two trucks... she gets the one I decided to gift her in the first place.
Ungrateful b... er... Are those even the current-gen / current-year models in the commercial?

At first, I thought... "GMC could update the ad and CGI the updated trucks into it".
Then I thought... "GMC should reshoot the ad with new trucks (and a new woman)."

Our new spot would start out with the guy saying to the camera ('4th wall'), with a smirk -- "Let's try this again." Then he turns away from the camera... "Honey?" And then you see the even hotter woman appear in the shot, who's perfectly happy to take "the red one" (maybe even with a sexy / husky, "I *love* it").
She presses the remote, and the power tailgate lifts up.
They then hop in the back of the SUV, the tailgate auto-closes, and they cut to the VO tagline, with a far shot of "the red one" bouncing up and down on its Magnetic Ride™ suspension.

If they shot that ad... it'd win a Clio, for sure. It'd be the modern equivalent of 'Glo-Coat'. :dielaugh:

(and for those who haven't figured this out yet... <sarcasm> )

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I guess I'm lucky they don't show it here and haven't seen it on the few US channels I watch. Sounds lame.

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
I guess I'm lucky they don't show it here and haven't seen it on the few US channels I watch. Sounds lame.
You have no idea how lucky you are... :2thumbsup:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Dammit! You guys made me curious. So effing lame! Even the announcer voice irritated me.

The comments section is quite revealing too!

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Dammit! You guys made me curious. So effing lame! Even the announcer voice irritated me

The comments section is quite revealing too!
Also, apparently this couple lives right at the dealership, pretty handy for service but, not too good for romance.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I got a "this video is not available in your country" message on the forum's video player so for anyone getting that, it works directly from YT.

YT link

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
They actually did update the red truck. It used to be an Acadia. Now it appears to be a Yukon

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Still a piss off though. Sure, just about anyone can drop over $100k on a dealer's counter for two trucks while the majority of the country is in a major recession and people have trouble feeding themselves and making rent. Are they lawyers or owners of a pharmaceutical company or something? Geez GM, give your head a shake.

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Well put, most of these commercials insult our intelligence but, this one just burns...
Plus they run the damn thing 50 times a day...

Last edited:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Still a piss off though. Sure, just about anyone can drop over $100k on a dealer's counter for two trucks....
100k? for 2 Denali Trucks? Tell me where, and I would buy them in 2022 model year (being sarcastic just in case you couldnt tell) LOL

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Trying to convert from Canadian Pesos. Here, I think they sell in the $80k CAD range.

Daniel644

Feb 27, 2015
3 years, shit I think Toyota has been using the same commercial for a DECADE+ Now, they just replace the showroom portion that you see after the woman tears away the wrapping paper and cut out the part where she talked about the specific models.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Did anyone see the one with the dog? That was even worse and my buddy turns to his wife and goes "see I got you bandit, why didn't you buy me a truck?" Laughing of course.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.