eBay Listing GM Transmission Fixture: Engine Stand Mountable

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
With the recent Flurry of Re-Builds taking place... and with the doubtful availability of useful Transmission Repair Fixtures... (I've got a 2002 Trailblazer 4L60E on the Deck in need of a Re-Build that I keep Tripping Over). THIS THING looks like a Pretty Damned Clever One. Yeah... Everyone will say... "Hell... BIG DEAL, Bobby... I Could Make THAT Myself!" Right... Probably... But MOST of Us Won't.

And since it can be R&R'd from a Typical HF Engine Stand and looks sturdy enough for wrangling with GM Transmissions with Open Access to Three Axis of movement... it could prove a VERY Helpful Add-On for those of us who Need to Move a WHOLE LOTTA Repair Projects around from time to time and NOT Hold our Work Benches HOSTAGE:

$150.00 might seem a Bit Pricey... But its made of Welded Square Stock Steel and is HEAVY ...So the FREE S&H offsets some of this expense:

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600A.jpgs-l1600B.jpgs-l1600C.jpgs-l1600D.jpgs-l1600E.jpgs-l1600F.jpgs-l1600G.jpgs-l1600H.jpgs-l1600I.jpgs-l1600J.jpgs-l1600K.jpg

Dammit... I Just Talked Myself into it... NOW I WANT ONE!!!

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
There's a guy on YT -- I think A21 Bravo is his handle, IIRC -- who *made* an adapter to hold his 4Lxx trans on a standard 4-post engine stand. Check him out; since you weld, you might be able to fab one up significantly cheaper.

(One of my other faves of his is where he hooks up a rig to flow test injectors.)

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Looks simple enough to make yourself with a welder.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Helluva profit margin, eh?
I'd estimate $15 USD / $20 CAD worth of parts, and maybe 30-60 min of labor per unit, plus consumables like electric & welding supplies. Less, if it's not painted.

Too many mechanics conditioned to tool truck pricing, mayhaps?
If he's smart, he'll take out a patent on that, before one of the tool companies copy it and start selling it for 3x the price (after *they* apply for patent rights)

cornchip

Jan 6, 2013
Helluva profit margin, eh?
I'd estimate $15 USD / $20 CAD worth of parts, and maybe 30-60 min of labor per unit, plus consumables like electric & welding supplies. Less, if it's not painted.

Too many mechanics conditioned to tool truck pricing, mayhaps?
If he's smart, he'll take out a patent on that, before one of the tool companies copy it and start selling it for 3x the price (after *they* apply for patent rights)

No patent needed. His is just a poor copy.

the real thing.jpg

Reactions: mrrsm

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Absolutely... But right now... I'd have to "Venture Out into the World" and Risk getting a Lethal Covid-19 infection while sorting through the "Ferrous Trash Pile" at my favorite Local Metal Reclamation Site to get enough Scrap Steel to do the Job. I'll have to wait a while. I DO have a pressing task I'm trying to sort out welding up some heavy 4" Steel Pipe I've got on hand on another build that I'll cover once i've invented a way to make it work with my Hydraulic Truck Lift.

This is O/T but...

It's Funny... THIS eBay Vendor is presently also selling an Allen-Bradley PLC Panel Device (Programmable Logic Controller) which leads me to believe that he has a CAD Design Shop set up stateside for Minor Industrial Automation Metal Working using "Ladder Logic" to Run The Show (which is NOT really Genuine CAD Programming... but more like a "Fancy Switch Setting").

If that's True... He's already managed to sell 203 of these Transmission Repair Fixtures @ $150.00 a *POP*...so JUST on this particular project alone, he's already converted a pile of 11 Ga. Steel Square Stock Tubing along with a Bushel Basket filled with Fasteners and Washers and blended them all into a very tidy Gross Profit of $30,500.00...with very little labor involved in creating this Support Tool:

Anyone interested in getting grounded in PLC can watch this Free Industrial Automation Training Video and you'll get the gist of how this type of Automation can be used to control complex manufacturing processes:

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.